None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow. Glad I'm not where you are.

The first week of September, as I've already mentioned, was definitely unseasonably hot, and it seems like this is starting to become an every year thing now. Luckily, it's gotten more seasonable since then, though we've had a couple of teases so far where the weather was forecasted as dropping down into the 60s for highs, only for it to jump up into the 70s when those particular days actually arrived; not that I'm complaining, as I said, we're seasonable right now . . . but we do usually have at least two cool 60s days towards the end of September, but it cdoesn't look like that's going to happen this year. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time we've had a Septmeber like that.

Right now, they're forecasting a colder than average winter for us this year, but you know what? I don't believethem for a second: they said summer was going to be below average for us this year, and it wasn't. If anything, with all this El Nino talk, my prediction for winter this year will be unseasonably mild, and probably considerably less snow accumulation than normal: heck, we didn't get any snowfall till practically the last minute of winter last year.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Soooooo tired of this heat! The worst part is that it's cold in the mornings and then blazing in the afternoon - I never know how to dress for work! I'm so ready for winter. Anything but this, really.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now they're saying for this this part of the country, the month of November is going to be "much above average." :rolleyes:

I believe it. Because it's like whenever they say we'll be above average they're always right, but whenever they say we'll be below average, they're always wrong.

November always seems to be such an off month for us anymore, almost kind of like March is: some years it'll be warm and spring-like (I still never will forget that one year it got up to 74 on Thanksgiving, and all the news was like, "Yea! w00t! We brok a record hi for Fanksgiving Day! We did it!" Other years, it'll actually be fall-like: nice and crisp.

Looks like this is going to be aother one of those warm, spring-like Novembers again this year: already, it's warming back up next week with mid-70s for highs. :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They explained that there's been disturbances down in the Gulf of Mexico that's been pushing high pressure systems up through the southeast, which is why we've been having these wet and warm spells lately. Dang, it was almost up to 80 today; wish fall weather would actually stick around.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
It was supposed to rain all week but its all sunny and hot.:grouchy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yesterday was supposed to be cloudy all day, and they were saying there would be a possibility of flurries, but it suddenly cleared up completely yesterday.

Aside from that, I'm certainly enjoying the temps: 40s and 50s this week, that's pretty seasonal/average, though 50s in January is a might mild, but it's still suitable sweater weather, so I'm not complaining.

I just have the sickening feeling that we'll see no accumulation this season like 2011-12, and I'm sure we'll undoubted have another early spring, since we seem to get those 8 out of 10 times anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just have the sickening feeling that we'll see no accumulation this season like 2011-12, and I'm sure we'll undoubted have another early spring, since we seem to get those 8 out of 10 times anymore.
Well, we only saw one good snow this winter that gave us almost three inches . . . that's a pretty average winter for us. . . . I got so used to the winters where we'd see multiple days of snow with three or more inches that I almost feel like we got jipped this winter.

Well, anyway, here it is the beginning of spring, and already we broke a record high today: it got up to 80 today (and it looks like it'll be even warmer than that come Saturday). Now, March is always a really big gamble month for us (March, April, October, and November usually are for us), and we've had really warm Marches before (2012 was one of those Marches), but we don't ever usually get this warm in March. I mean, in the 80s that is. Usually the mid-70s is about as high as it gets in March . . . and honestly, if that's about as warm as it ever got down here (even in the summer), I probably wouldn't complain so much.

So . . . :sigh: I have a feeling this isn't going to be a pleasant spring this year.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, and there's at least three brushfires in my county burning right now - they're not in my town, thank goodness, but the smoke has been making our skies hazy, and you can actually smell it in the air.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We're looking at 70s for the rest of the week (and cloudy weather to boot), so I guess for once, their below average prediction actually was right!

As I mentioned in another thread, April was an off month for us this year: April is usually cool/comfortable, with considerably amounts of rain and storms, but it was mostly just the opposite this year; in fact, last week was the stormiest weather we've seen so far this year, which is odd, because we don't usually see that kind of severe weather that late in the spring.