The Muppets Episode 1 - Pig Girls Don't Cry (Pilot)

What did you think of "The Muppets" series premiere "Pig Girls Don't Cry"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty good and I think they did a good job at putting clips in the promos that didn't give away much of the plot to the episode. I think that we're not used to the documentary format as far as the Muppets go, it seems a bit odd, but I'm sure the more the show comes on, the better it'll get

Daniel

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I'm glad to see we're having different opinions. It's interesting to read people's takes. And it goes to show we don't all have to agree on something just because it features the Muppets.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I liked it. It was exciting to see all the Muppets in the background of shots and wandering around the backstage, plus I liked seeing poor Fozzie's interactions with his girlfriend's family. It looks like his character is definitely going to be heavily explored in the show, and there's a lot they can do with him.

The adult humor didn't really bother me because it really wasn't anything too risque. Probably in the minority here, but I thought the online dating/bear joke was pretty good. Could a lot of sex jokes get grating in future episodes? Yes, but it's too early to see if they're going to go down that road.

My biggest problem was the closing of the show, it seemed quite rushed. I wished they had done something with Kermit and Piggy, after their conversation backstage, in the final tag instead of Imagine Dragons. Unfortunately, it's not like they can ask ABC to cut down on the commercial time for more plot.

I'm very excited for next week's episode and can't wait. Still can't believe the Muppets are on network TV!

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Also.. does it seem like dr. teeth's weird grammar was more mangled than usual? I know I am dorky dr. teeth fan but. O.O dude, what happened to you?

ploobis

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE The new Muppets series!

The 1st episode "Pig Girls Don't Cry" was brilliant, it was Very Hilarious and Very Touching, just like the Muppets have always been! great way to start the series!

I really believe Jim Henson would've loved this show. everybody involved did a Great Job! I already can't wait for next week's episode!

:embarrassed: :smile: :mad: :concern: :shifty: :rolleyes: :halo: :sing: :big_grin: :flirt: :cool: :hungry: :eek: :confused: :attitude: :sleep: :boo:

Last edited:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
My biggest problem was the closing of the show, it seemed quite rushed. I wished they had done something with Kermit and Piggy, after their conversation backstage, in the final tag instead of Imagine Dragons. Unfortunately, it's not like they can ask ABC to cut down on the commercial time for more plot.
I don't know. I thought that was a good moment between Kermit and Miss Piggy towards the end with them agreeing to be honest with each other. Then Piggy turning around and insulting Denise. Lol. That's classic Miss Piggy.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I agree with you on that point, the scene with Kermit and Piggy talking was great. I just think they should have done something more with it to tie up the episode. The performance came off as a sort of disjointed end to things.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Pros
- The Muppets are back

Cons
- No Pigs in Space
- Not in the traditional The Muppet Show format
- Too short, ABC should of made the show last 1 hour like Once Upon A Time and Marvel's Agents of SHIELD
- Plot of the episode felt rushed

Final Rating: 3/5
-The traditional Muppet Show format won't work in the 21st Century.
-A silly complaint. ONCE UPON A TIME and AGENTS OF SHIELD are one hour dramas, this is a comedy. There are very few one hour comedies on television.
-Yeah.

Also.. does it seem like dr. teeth's weird grammar was more mangled than usual? I know I am dorky dr. teeth fan but. O.O dude, what happened to you?
Drugs, man.