Old Nickelodeon

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It kind of seems like it would be on Nickelodeon so that more people would be able to watch.:stick_out_tongue:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I knew this would happen. Okay, turns out Splat isn't its own channel, it's just a late night programming block on Teen Nick that starts 2 hours earlier and ends 2 hours later. So all they're giving is 2 more hours, hopefully not all Time Shift Programming. Because The 90's block they have now is 2 hours repeated.

Kinda disappointing, but I guess those crappy tweencoms are much more important to the ratings. What am I saying? It's NICK. If it's not Spongebob, Nick Jr or Tweencoms, it's never important.
I can't wait. I heard and read that there will be Nick Or Treat and Toy Runs shown on the block. Now I don't know but I would think it would be new stuff and not old re-runs of it but maybe not. Can't wait to see it. Also to know that the old bumpers and stuff won't be like re-mixed but how they were back when they first aired. That's one of the things I always enjoyed about Nick back in the day. The old bumpers and stuff.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It kind of seems like it would be on Nickelodeon so that more people would be able to watch.:stick_out_tongue:
I'd rather Nick show their other shows on a regular basis instead. I'm glad the new Chipmunks series is a success. That way they actually want to run a new cartoon series besides the Sponge. They don't even have a single daily slot for TMNT and that thing's a merchandising goldmine. Sure, it's run a LOT on Nicktoon, but only once a week and only then if its a new episode.

That and more variety on Nicktoons. I know that it's somehow unfeasible to rerun any of the 90's shows on it for some reason. But at least put Zim back on with some regularity. You're still making money off it at Hot Topic, it can be rerun on the network. Might as well air some of the other 00's era failed on purpose Nicktoons while they're at it.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Surprised no one mentioned this. I'm generally mixed when it comes to loud studio audiences, but I couldn't help but get a warm feeling when the crowd went nuts over the entrances of both Kenan and Kel.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Ah...classic Nick. I remember such shows as...

Kenan & Kel
All That
Doug
Rugrats
Angry Beavers
The Amanda Show
Wild Thornberrys
Tiny Toon Adventures
CatDog
Rocko's Modern Life
KaBlam!
Animaniacs
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Hey Arnold!
Garfield and Friends
Figure It Out
GUTS
Cousin Skeeter
Pinky and the Brain
Oh Yeah! Cartoons
Salute Your Shorts
Spongebob Squarepants

and newbies like

Jimmy Neutron
Fairly Oddparents
Drake and Josh

Other than that, Nick today isn't all that good.:coy:
Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain Tiny Toons, and Alvin and the Chipmunks were not on Nick originally Animaniacs and Tiny Toons used to be on Fox in the early 90's along with another great show Batman The Animated series I used to watch after school. the Alvin and the Chipmunks I am not sure what network had them but it wasn't Nick and it was in the 80's before my family had cable we had an old fashioned Quasar TV with rabbit ears .....

I used to love Salute Your Shorts, Clarissa Explains It All and Hey Dude and on Disney I watched the Mickey Mouse Club, the new one they had in the late 80's and early 90's !!!!!!!!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain Tiny Toons, and Alvin and the Chipmunks were not on Nick originally Animaniacs and Tiny Toons used to be on Fox in the early 90's along with another great show Batman The Animated series I used to watch after school. the Alvin and the Chipmunks I am not sure what network had them but it wasn't Nick and it was in the 80's before my family had cable we had an old fashioned Quasar TV with rabbit ears .....

I used to love Salute Your Shorts, Clarissa Explains It All and Hey Dude and on Disney I watched the Mickey Mouse Club, the new one they had in the late 80's and early 90's !!!!!!!!
Animaniacs and Tiny Toons were two of the handful of cartoons shown in syndication on Nick. Others included Muppet Babies, Inspector Gadget, Yogi Bear, Looney Tunes, Gumby, and even the Peanuts specials.

I believe Cartoon Network had reruns of the Chipmunks at one point. I don't recall seeing them on Nick, but they might have been around briefly.

Ah, yes, the 90s Mouse Club. Good times. And less cheesy than Kids Incorporated.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Animaniacs and Tiny Toons were two of the handful of cartoons shown in syndication on Nick. Others included Muppet Babies, Inspector Gadget, Yogi Bear, Looney Tunes, Gumby, and even the Peanuts specials.
I'd say that Nickelodeon aired more than just a handful of reruns of existing animated shows. There was also The Alvin Show, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Danger Mouse, Garfield and Friends, Bullwinkle, Under Dog, and there was a cartoon package called Cartoon Kablooey, which I believe showed old UPA cartoons (the same cartoons were also featured in the first season of Weinerville).

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I'd say that Nickelodeon aired more than just a handful of reruns of existing animated shows. There was also The Alvin Show, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Danger Mouse, Garfield and Friends, Bullwinkle, Under Dog, and there was a cartoon package called Cartoon Kablooey, which I believe showed old UPA cartoons (the same cartoons were also featured in the first season of Weinerville).
Not to mention some foreign imports, like David the Gnome, which was notable for ending on kind of a downer.