Muppet Film and TV References

C to the J

Reaction score
I don't think anyone's added this to Minor TV Mentions yet, but I remember the Monsters vs. Aliens Halloween special - Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space (2009), in which a trick-or-treater mistakes the Missing Link for Kermit.

snichols1973

Reaction score
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet; we have the following bit of dialogue from "Bart Stops to Smell the Roosevelts":

Officer Lou: Uh, what do you think Chief, can we take the building without hurting anybody?
Chief Wiggum: Well, if a group of Muppets can take Manhattan---
[Wiggum drops his gun and accidentally shoots the school board member in the knee]

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I was watching a Nickelodeon Guts episode in YouTube and one of the kids' nickname was "Gonzo" probably because his last name was Gonzales.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Ok I don't know if anyone has ever heard of this movie called "Being There' with Peter Sellers. I haven't watched it all the way through cause I had to go to work but there was part at the beginning of the film that had him watching Sesame Street Episode 1037 scene where Big Bird gets jealous. You get to hear some of audio and part of the song that Buffy sings with Big Bird about loving him the same as her son.

I'm not sure if there is anymore scenes of Sesame Street or Muppet stuff. The movie is about a guy who just can't get enough of TV. I'm hoping to find it again. I really want to see the rest.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hotel Transylvania 2 features Dennisovich (Drac's Grandson) watching his favorite monster on television, a stand in for Cookie Monster called Cakie. He's closer to Elmo in terms of personality, but the reference is obvious. It also features a blue elephant Snuffy stand in as well.

This becomes an important plot point later on, as an enraged Vlad (Drac's estranged father) possesses a costumed actor hired to play Cakie for Dennisovich's 5th Birthday Party to scare Dennisovich into turning into a vampire.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I remember one from Whose Line Is It Anyway, they're doing one of those things where the style keeps changing and it was something about killer bees I think, they change to the style of Sesame Street and one of the guys says in a Bert voice "Can you spell Bee?" and another says in an Ernie voice "You can't spell B, Bert, it's only one letter!"
The one who said "Can you spell Bee?" is Greg Proops, and the one who said "You can't spell B, Bert, it's only one letter!" is Ryan Stiles.

Domby

Reaction score
The Simpsons: "Blame It on Lisa"
Marge: "Bert and Ernie left it to your imagination."

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I don't know if this was mentioned, so sorry if it was. I don't feel like reading this entire thread again.

Anyhoo, this doesn't have to do with Muppets, but it's puppety, so I thought I'd mention it. It was on Family Guy, and one of the characters was saying something about how Peter couldn't be left alone, because the last time he was, he turned their house into a puppet. Then it wnt to a clip of him inside the house, pulling on a rope, and speaking into a microphone or something. Next, it showed the outside of the house, and the roof was raising up and down, like a puppet's mouth. It was hai-larious.
I saw that episode, and I have to agree, it was hilarious!!!! I've probably seen just about every episode of FG, and I admit, I laugh whenever they do a Muppet reference!!!!

scooterfan360

Reaction score
a rerun of Newhart a pregnant Stephanie is sitting down at the mall, and little girl who thinks that she is miss piggy . comes up to her and stares at her , and Stephanie says. " if you don't stop staring at me , I'm going to get cookie monster to come out and eat you.

Domby

Reaction score
On Modern Family, the two gay guys were offered tattoos of Bert & Ernie, owing to their sexuality. :stick_out_tongue::frown: I think that the rumour of B&E's homosexuality is all bull. :fishy: