Video: "The Muppets" Official ABC Pitch Reel

Iscah

Reaction score
On the one hand, it would be good to still have it up for those who are interested, but perhaps they don't want to confuse casual fans? (Or people who go searching YouTube for the actual first episode - for the record, there's nothing but miles of third-party-download links, so the pitch might be the only 'real' video they find.)

It also might be something to do with whatever it was that initially prevented them from showing the footage. Maybe the changed allowance that let them put it on YouTube only lasted until the show started to air.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody remember if the pilot was done before we knew more details of the show, like that Miss Piggy would be hosting the talk show?

Because I wonder if it was shot before they decided on things like what show they'd be doing and who the host would be, or that Denise would be the head of the network.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Previously, I was saying that I wished Lips was in this, and on the show, he is a part of the Electric Mayhem, but something occurred to me about his absense: Steve Whitmire had said that he was rebuilt for The Muppets, since the puppet finally broke during production of the "Jungle Boogie" music video. Could that be why he wasn't in this, because they needed to rebuild him?

Though I thought he was rebuilt for the 2011 film. I'd been told that the original puppet was used for the Christmas at Rockfellar Center appearance, and I had thought that the Lips used in the last few years had looked a bit better than he did there. Of course if he was rebuilt then, the material could have deteriorated/worn out since. But it is something to think of.