The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Hostile Makeover"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tonight make plans to watch "The Muppets" new episode "Hostile Makeover" at 8|7c on ABC. Then join the discussion immediately afterwards in the Muppet Central Forum.

Episode 102 - "Hostile Makeover"

Kermit tries to make amends with Miss Piggy by setting up her up with Josh Groban, who shares his ideas to improve her late-night talk show. Meanwhile, Fozzie is invited to a party at Jay Leno's house; and the cast and crew are irked by Bobo selling cookies for his daughter's scout troop.

If you missed "Hostile Makeover" or if you want to watch it again, this episode is now on-line.

If you saw "The Muppets: Hostile Makeover" on ABC please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I loved it more then Episode 1 my favorite part was the Electric Mayhem eating cookies, obviously high on marijuana but something like that goes right over kids heads so I am fine with it!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently this thread got buried by the Spoilers thread. Anyway, here are my thoughts.

1 Loved that Uncle Deadly got a part in the first segment.
Piggy doesn't have a date for the People's Choice awards...
UD: "Shocking, she seems like such pleasant company."

2 Was that Yolanda trying to get other Muppets' signatures for Sweetums's birthday card?
3 Laughed at :sing:'s reaction of birthdays being manufactured holidays.
4 Already knew Bobo would be selling girl scout cookies for his daughter. Was surprised that :news: was selling cookies competing against Bobo.
And on that subject, who was Newsie's ex-wife?

5 Now I'm hungry for some gas station sushi.
6 Another line that made me laugh was when :rolleyes: shot back at :shifty: about how his people started the plague so he shouldn't be so sensitive.
7 The storyline involving Fozzie and Jay Leno was interesting... But I feel that it ended somewhat off. If Leno stole George Carlin's candy bowl, the same one Fozzie stole, then you'd think Jay would understand and try to help instead of getting mad and yelling at Foz to get out of his home.
8 Apparently this episode was either before or after Kermit and Denise started dating. Denise was noticeably absent, unless she was the one behind Sweetums's birthday card or suggesting Josh Grobin as Piggy's date which set up the main storyline of the episode.
9 They used the joke from the promo pilot about the band always being happy, legally now. It was delivered by Bobo and Scooter instead of Kermit though.
10 Loved how Big Mean Carl made us Muppet monsters proud by eating cookies from both Bobo and Newsie.
:insatiable: Where can me get cookies?
11 Gonzo has a mom? And she got stranded on the goat ride up Machu-Pichu as part of the cruise in southern Africa? There are all these new referenced Muppets that aren't actually appearing that are just making me want for them to exist like Gonzo's mom and Newsie's ex-wife and Bobo's daughter.

Keep up the good stuff Muppets, will tune back in next week, same frog-time and same frog-channel.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Apparently this thread got buried by the Spoilers thread. Anyway, here are my thoughts.

1 Loved that Uncle Deadly got a part in the first segment.
Piggy doesn't have a date for the People's Choice awards...
UD: "Shocking, she seems like such pleasant company."

2 Was that Yolanda trying to get other Muppets' signatures for Sweetums's birthday card?
3 Laughed at :sing:'s reaction of birthdays being manufactured holidays.
4 Already knew Bobo would be selling girl scout cookies for his daughter. Was surprised that :news: was selling cookies competing against Bobo.
And on that subject, who was Newsie's ex-wife?

5 Now I'm hungry for some gas station sushi.
6 Another line that made me laugh was when :rolleyes: shot back at :shifty: about how his people started the plague so he shouldn't be so sensitive.
7 The storyline involving Fozzie and Jay Leno was interesting... But I feel that it ended somewhat off. If Leno stole George Carlin's candy bowl, the same one Fozzie stole, then you'd think Jay would understand and try to help instead of getting mad and yelling at Foz to get out of his home.
8 Apparently this episode was either before or after Kermit and Denise started dating. Denise was noticeably absent, unless she was the one behind Sweetums's birthday card or suggesting Josh Grobin as Piggy's date which set up the main storyline of the episode.
9 Gonzo has a mom? And she got stranded on the goat ride up Machu-Pichu as part of the cruise in southern Africa? There are all these new referenced Muppets that aren't actually appearing that are just making me want for them to exist like Gonzo's mom and Newsie's ex-wife and Bobo's daughter.

Keep up the good stuff Muppets, will tune back in next week, same frog-time and same frog-channel.
why wouldn't Gonzo have a mom someone gave birth to him??

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I agree there. You would think there was a friendship blossoming between the two of them and it seemed like there was up to that point, but I guess they wanted to go with a comedic twist on that one. But, oh well, he'll always have Kermit.

Apparently this episode was either before or after Kermit and Denise started dating.
Well, maybe she just wasn't around. I mean not all characters will be in every episode. After all, we're still waiting for :sympathy: to make his debut on this series. (Pilot episode doesn't count.)

Muppy

Reaction score
I loved the first episode of "The Muppets" but this one was SO much better. Like another user said, this episode just felt a lot more "muppet-y".

Highlights for me included:

-Anytime Yolanda was on screen
-Zoot's inappropriate drawing
-Gonzo's lost mom
-Uncle Deadly's line about how he's "woven a web of lies"
-Fozzie always wanting a souvenir (and trying to stuff it in his hat)
-Miss Piggy interviewing the author
-Bobo and The Newsman's little feud
-Kermit driving the golf cart
-Josh Groban and Piggy's relationship
-Kermit's line after he adds "Josh Groban Presents" to the Up Late with Miss Piggy sign
-Kermit meeting Leah Thompson (and then Gonzo interrupting)

Again the puppetry was amazing and the jokes were spot on (there wasn't 1 joke that I didn't laugh at). Can't wait to see what's in store for this show!