The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Hostile Makeover"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah the fact the Muppets apparently now have physical intimacy with humans is a bit...weird to get used to. A little Greg the Bunny-ish.
But...
What I hope is seeing interaction with the humans who work in the office, which hasn't happened yet. This episode definitely tho felt like an episode of The Office(which isnt a bad thing!)

Oh! I almost forgot! Did anyone else notice the SPECTACULAR puppetry when Piggy was crawling across the piano towards Groban?! Brilliant!
yeah the puppetry is off the charts insane with this show. It's the nuanced stuff in the background as well that makes the show shine. By the way who is
the monster that looks kind of like Beautiful Day Monster that was in this episode? I loved how he was waving to the camera in the distance as Scooter was talking

Side note, laughed at Pepe's "gender fluid" line but I have the feeling Pepe is pretty much straight given what a womanizer he is. Tho can almost guarantee there will be LGBT Muppets or hinted at.

Last edited:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
In the first episode I thought that was Alice Dinnean performing Yolanda, but after seeing the 2nd episode I can tell that it was Julianne Buescher, who also performs Denise.
Maybe Alice did perform her in the first episode. Some shows do have different actors or VAs in pilot episodes than in the rest of the series. So it's possible it could have been both of them who performed her.

drteethcool

Reaction score
I think the new muppet show is really great. It is really cool to see the band and everyone in a new way. I hope that the show gets more people to like it or it will get the ax.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah the fact the Muppets apparently now have physical intimacy with humans is a bit...weird to get used to.
Not really. I grew up watching Hey Cinderella with King Goshposh and his noticeably human son Arthur. You can gather the rest, lol. (And that's what we mean by implied humor :wink:).

Not to mention Raquel Welch declaring the bear is sexational. :flirt:

drteethcool

Reaction score
Not really. I grew up watching Hey Cinderella with King Goshposh and his noticeably human son Arthur. You can gather the rest, lol. (And that's what we mean by implied humor :wink:).

I meant it more in deth

well it new to me, I really am glad that more then just Miss Piggy Kermit, Gonzo and Fozzy get the spotlight in this. I truley think that there needs to be more chances for others like the band to shine.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
^ as long as the band shining doesn't involve them getting arrested or something... Bad enough they dumbed them down a lot in this series so far.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
This episode was really good, but uhm, why was Zoot drawing a 'you-know-what' in Sweetum's birthday card? It seemed a little bit like forced adult humor just to get the point across. I thought that was going to foreshadow a lame episode, but it turned out that that was the dumbest joke in the whole thing and the rest was really good.

+ Crazy Harry looking in the refrigerator :crazy:
+ I'm really enjoying how this show is having certain Muppets interact with each other that we've never seen before i.e. Animal talking to Scooter. I will always notice random things like that. Like I noticed this in the first episode when Fozzie was talking to Piggy on the phone, but we know the reasons why they hardly interacted in the past, so this opens up some whole new possibilities
+ That Kermit-Scooter-Deadly trio at the beginning was really cool. Loving Uncle Deadly's more prominent role
+ I actually find the scenes where it's just the Muppets more funny than when they're with humans, probably because it's just so ridiculous that all of these weird characters are functioning in their own little world together. For example, the scene where they were trying to book Piggy's guest/date in the beginning
+ How Newsman wore a different color suit "the next day". It's not necessary, but it's interesting how they're having characters wear different clothes each day and how they're making a point of having characters like Dr. Teeth and the rest of the band not wearing their 'normal' clothes
+ Newsman kind of reminded me of Andy Bernard, seeing as how the show was heavily inspired by The Office
+ This episode reminded me a lot of prime-Simpsons, which is always good

I hope the absence of Denise this week means they are done with her. We don't need her there to just anchor Kermit down. He was so much more free on his own in this episode

Overall, this episode really gave me hope for the longevity of this series.

11 Gonzo has a mom? And she got stranded on the goat ride up Machu-Pichu as part of the cruise in southern Africa? There are all these new referenced Muppets that aren't actually appearing that are just making me want for them to exist like Gonzo's mom and Newsie's ex-wife and Bobo's daughter.
Yeah, I wouldn't take any of this stuff seriously. They just put it in there to create jokes. Like the Gonzo ignoring his stranded mom was funny, stupid funny, like Homer Simpson-funny.

also fozie realizing what he did was wrong was a good thing and if he'd nicely told jay leno what had happened it could have led up to something heartwarming but they decided to REPEAT the 'I need a souvenir" joke and once again make him steal and then when jay tells him to leave he does it again! Beat that horse, it'll make it funnier!
Completely agree. Missed opportunity there on their part.

The Muppets are evolving. It's no secret these aren't the Muppets from the '70s, but I'm not sure if the sincere '70s Muppets have a place in today's culture.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Blue, in this day and age a little niceness would be refreshing and I' welcome it with open arms but it seems today's world is just "MEMEMDEMMDEMEMEEE!NOBODY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ME! I DON'T HAVE TO BE NICE! NICE IS FOR LOOOOOOOOSERS!" >_<

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's no secret these aren't the Muppets from the '70s, but I'm not sure if the sincere '70s Muppets have a place in today's culture.
The 70s was not the most innocent decade. Quite the contrary, actually. So yes, I do think the sincere Muppet still have a place in today's culture. :smile: