Are these good for replicas?...

Mavway02

Reaction score
I haven't used the pattern, but it looks good. I would say try it, and if it turns out well, then great, if it doesn't then try tweaking it or try making your own pattern.

ashkent

Reaction score
i used the punto for a Fozzie replica I made about a year ago. It worked great...the one change i did have to make was to build the full "skull" and then cut off the lower jaw and build it on the mouthplate directly to get that extra flexibility Fozzie has.

TheBanjoKazoo

Reaction score
i used the punto for a Fozzie replica I made about a year ago. It worked great...the one change i did have to make was to build the full "skull" and then cut off the lower jaw and build it on the mouthplate directly to get that extra flexibility Fozzie has.
Thank-you very much for the information! Would the pattern have to be enlargened by any chance? That Animal puppet is amazing btw. Did you make it your self?

ashkent

Reaction score
Thank-you very much for the information! Would the pattern have to be enlargened by any chance? That Animal puppet is amazing btw. Did you make it your self?
Thanks...yes i made him about a year ago. I didn't have to resize the pattern at all - the fur kind of makes it a bit larger than the foam skull suggests anyway, but I think it is sometimes easy to try and make puppets too big - I know i was very guilty of that with the first animal i built about five years back. I think it is only when you sit down and think about the size of say Kermit's head (which is just hand sized) and then look at pictures of Kermit with other muppets you realise they are actually not as big as you image them after seeing them on TV. That's my opinion anyway.

TheBanjoKazoo

Reaction score
Thanks...yes i made him about a year ago. I didn't have to resize the pattern at all - the fur kind of makes it a bit larger than the foam skull suggests anyway, but I think it is sometimes easy to try and make puppets too big - I know i was very guilty of that with the first animal i built about five years back. I think it is only when you sit down and think about the size of say Kermit's head (which is just hand sized) and then look at pictures of Kermit with other muppets you realise they are actually not as big as you image them after seeing them on TV. That's my opinion anyway.
I agree with your opinion. I saw your Fozzie puppet. your replica is the one that made me ask the question. I forgot what your icon was though so i wouldve said something else wise (sorry).I was asking about size because the pinhead pattern needs to be enlarged for Fozzie. Any way Thank you very much for the help!

Last edited:

Muppetlab

Reaction score
I used a very similar pattern to the pinhead. Enlarged it a bit and added a rim to give it a "bell" shape if that helps.

ashkent

Reaction score
I agree with your opinion. I saw your Fozzie puppet. your replica is the one that made me ask the question. I forgot what your icon was though so i wouldve said something else wise (sorry).I was asking about size because the pinhead pattern needs to be enlarged for Fozzie. Any way Thank you very much for the help!
Ah right...well glad to have inspired you in some way lol. I liked the build until i added the eyes. I kind of rushed them using polystyrene half egg shapes so i really wasn't happy with the final Fozzie. No doubt he will go on my list for a rebuild when time allows. :smile:

ashkent

Reaction score
I used a very similar pattern to the pinhead. Enlarged it a bit and added a rim to give it a "bell" shape if that helps.

Still one of the best Fozzie replicas I've seen Chris. :smile:

Supernerd

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the advise! I recently found the pattern for Kermit's head so one I get some matireals I will start with that. For me when I have something to go bye I kind of ace it for some reason so I shouldn't have to worry about that. I'm also making two kermits. (The kids I babysit would probably love one) so I can have a bit of knowledge when I make one full on. Unfortunately I can't use a pattern for Fozzie.I've looked for what feels like forever (about 2months XD ) for a Fozzie pattern but I just can't find one! Also, I can't wait to see your doctor teeth! He's my favorite member of the electric mayhem! I'm sure the others will be great to! Good luck!
Also if you want really good Antron fleece and fur that's not to expensive check out dewy street fabrics