Major Changes in store for Sesame Street Season 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I grew up never really seeing Mr. Hooper outside of the Christmas special.
Yeah. I was a 1980 baby so CEOSS in where my most famous memory of Mr. Harold Hooper lies.

Other than that, I'm glad Sesame Street, outside of child actors, Gordon, and Mr. Hanford, never recast any of the main human character when they got older and or moved on. Lesser shows would have recast the adults on the regular to keep them in the 20-40 year old range, meaning we'd have several Bobs, Marias, and Susans by now.
Yeah. I was a bit freaked out when I found out that Gordon was recast and that was when the show was in its early days. I'm glad that didn't happen too often.

Alan's been on the show for almost 20 years, and has been operating Hooper's Store longer than anyone else - even Mr. Hooper himself. Don't really see what the big deal is regarding him.
Yeah. You're right. I never thought of that. When I watched the show as a kid, it was mainly David running the store.

DePingPong

Reaction score
Footage of that actually popped up a while back. Eric sounds very close for the most part. I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't outright stated.
Is that footage still around? I'd love to see it

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. I was a bit freaked out when I found out that Gordon was recast and that was when the show was in its early days. I'm glad that didn't happen too often.

Gordon was a special case because they just couldn't find someone likable enough after Matt Robinson stopped playing the part (and in the case of the pitch pilot before Matt) until they found Roscoe. And he's everyone's favorite Gordon, so that all worked out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Couldn't exactly find the post or reply that said that it's under production.

And if it's that Pharrel one, ..yeah... that thing's not going to premiere for over a year, almost 2 for PBS. They really need to give a little more forethought with these celebrity appearances. If it takes almost 2 years at most to reach certain viewers, how do we know they're going to be still fresh by airtime?

They have that problem bad enough already. Remember the episode with the thin parody of *****? How relevant was that when it premiered?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It looks like production for season 47 has already begun.https://twitter.com/sesamestreet/with_replies
I think that's being done for season 46, not 47.

Seriously, when are they gonna formally announce the season with press and stuff? "Late fall" is coming up and they usually release their press materials a month or so in advance. I've checked HBO schedules through Nov 16th and no sign of Sesame on it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Had a feeling that was. SW would be wise not to go too far forward on pop cultural bits, especially now more than ever general fickleness is not on pop culture reference's side.

I also don't see why the new season, HBO or PBS, isn't even being announced to air yet. Then again, certain cable networks seem to premiere things with little to no announcement. Nick's Alvin and the Chipmunks airing was advertised less than a week before it aired, ditto CN's decision to run Wabbit and Be Cool Scooby-Doo on their main channel instead of just their sister Boomerang Network. Others manage to hype things up for months in advance. You'd think after the big news of HBO being the exclusive network first run rights to the show, that would have followed up with when this starts exactly.

And I still think Season 46 should start on PBS.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

Seriously, when are they gonna formally announce the season with press and stuff? "Late fall" is coming up and they usually release their press materials a month or so in advance. I've checked HBO schedules through Nov 16th and no sign of Sesame on it.
Wait,I thought season 46 was already finished filming in like June or July.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How can Oscar be greenscreened when he's green?

Status
Not open for further replies.