Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay . . . at the risk of sparking another political debate . . . why is it that there's a number of Republican candidates running for office in 2016, then there's only two Democratic candidates?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I found a series of Chevy Venture ads from the 90's on YouTube and the voiceover sounds very familiar.

Is this Drew Carey from Whose Line doing the voiceovers for these commercials?

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay . . . at the risk of sparking another political debate . . . why is it that there's a number of Republican candidates running for office in 2016, then there's only two Democratic candidates?
To show how screwed up and disorganized that party really is, even when they want the same exact things. You basically have two sections of Republicans. The same neo-con flavor for rich guys, fakey fundie and hypocritically preachy flavor for the poor guys that are sadly the moderates now. And then there's the Tea Party "clearly in the best interest of the populous to deregulate corporations back to the Industrial Revolution, because they're not going to pass the savings onto the consumer" and "I'm a special little snowflake that shouldn't have to pay taxes. Everyone else but me is Entitled! WAAAAHHHH!" flavor.

You would think that in an era where the entire party wants to sabotage the Democrats so they fail the country so they can get in and also fail the country with the standard "HEY! Let's go after a Middle Eastern nation, spend billions of dollars creating our own next supervillain that we'll have to re-invade, yet not raise taxes on the greedy guts CEOs that actually profit off of it to fund the thing", all the while scapegoating Mexicans, gays, and people on welfare for how terrible their economic policies are. You'd think they'd be one singular mind on all of this, but oh ho ho... The only way the "we screwed up the country and we refuse to take away our corporate masters money that's rapidly losing value to fix it" Republicans managed to have a following after Iraq still raged on (at which point, even the right wing voters knew it was a terrible idea they were lied to about) was to hijack the Tea Party. Essentially a group of ticked off conservatives that formed realizing that Neo-Cons aren't actually conservative (they aren't), and were staunchly on the edge of becoming actual libertarians. Now, knowing this would split the vote and lead to a rise of the only valid third party we'd ever see, instead of focusing on how the party spent more than Dems ever would on Middle Eastern battles we shouldn't have been in (the Tea Party started out being staunchly isolationist), they focused all their hate on the fact a Democrat came into power and as such was a Muslin and a communist and was going to destroy the country (or what was left after Bush was in charge).

Yet, several years later, all these Tea Party politicians pretty much hijacked the country and slowed down economic growth and kept shutting down the government until more rich jerks got more money. After a while the actual Republicans were starting to look bad. Now a minority faction of a minority party was holding the country hostage and basically...well... ever see a He-Man where Skeletor sends a greater evil after He-Man, yet it turns on him and he screams for He-Man's help? That's what happened to the Republicans at the hands of the far-far-far right Tea Party politicians. That's why Boehner left. Even he's not unwilling to compromise enough. Not even with his crocodile tears. All the 10+ candidates for Republican show how dysfunctional and cartoonish the party became.

As for the Dems, they only have 3 candidates (and maybe 3 at that) because it's going to Hillary no matter how much initial popularity Sanders gets. And they come in ONE flavor. The "we would love to do the right thing and help the lower class out of the hole that's been being dug since the Reagan years, but we're soooo darn worried about those poll numbers that we have to pander to the indies and right wingers that don't like us at the risk of ticking our base off and scaring them into Ralph Nader's industrial sabotage arms."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why in the name of all that is holy do the Krapdashians need their own mobile app?

On top of that, why would people dish out millions a week to see pictures of them when they can see all the pics they want on the internet for free?

Oh yeah . . . and why is MeTV of all channels being preempted for football?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Someone's got to tell me what the deal is with that stupid "On Fleek" meme that lasted for less than a week over the summer and I missed it.

Seriously. What does "On Fleek" mean?

Xerus

Reaction score
A question. Does anyone know of a device that transfers old cassette tapes into an MP3 file or at least a CD so I can download it onto my computer? I have an old cassette filled with personal recordings and I'm trying to figure out how to get it on my computer to share with the net.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If it's supposed to be football season, then why is everything on TV being preempted by baseball right now?