Kermit build help required

Supernerd

Reaction score
Hello guys,

OK, I hate to do this but I give up. I gotta ask for help. I'm a long time lurker here and never posted. On and off during the last couple of years I keep going back to trying to build a kermit.

About me, I am a prop builder/film maker, own a large collection of some of the best star wars prop/costumes in the UK all sourced and build by me to high standards.

Ive always had the available kermit puppets and entertained many a family member who have now all grown up and am now entertaining my own kids and their friends with the same old ( to me ) rubbish puppet.

This time for around a month ive studied, investigated the puppet till i know more than i ever did, i sourced all available patterns and suggestions and this month ive hand built 4 kermits and around 40 heads. although no body has yet been totally perfect from all the work i do now know i can do a perfect body just not going to continue now unless i can perfect the head.

trust me, all the normal answers folk give, been there done that failed..need one of the forum pros to help me out via pm if possible with personal head patterns..oh aye also i bit the bullit and decided to get that glorified hand puppet pattern like folk mention and as far as i can tell theres no way that thing makes a kermit head. at least not the head i want.

im going for almost the poser feel but a little purity like the henson hollow heads. I have seen a few real good ones on here but would never ask direct, I'd rather someone decided to help.

I know the normal responses and they are perfectly justified for folk who have not put in the effort, believe me..i have..even to the point of getting some great non public reference shots (i do not have in any way the permission to share these however) from a friend in the film industry, a one off favour i had been reserving for years in a hope it would help with my film work lol.

can take a picture of the bin bag full of test failures for anyone willing to help lol..oh and not to say some i have done were not good, some were and pretty close to what i wanted but no matter how i try and customise them after the build to try and fix the patterns i cant do it...i now give up it is too much to keep on doing by hand and takes so long for me as my fingers suffer from age.

cheers

wulster

ps failing that ..whos got a very good spare kermit they would want to swap for high end starwars stuff or some of my other spare props most of which value in around 500 gbp and upwards in value
http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/mr-kermit-pattern.48829/

wulster

Reaction score
The latest incarnation of Kermit t Frog. Using different fleece more like antron and a better colour felt. The black lining of the sleeve pulls out and can roll up neatly over the green if required. He is still not perfectly stitched up..im still learning so bit rough here n there. I made a last minute mod to the mouth as i realised i had some size issues so that went a little wry but i plan and doing maybe a couple more test heads with my new findings..So far i am fairly happy now with the pattern ive made. I need to put more work into all the inners and stuffing methods for arms and legs..I;ve tested out several ways up till now, not satisfied yet so more testing there i think. The eyes are still makeshift un glossed and felt tip drawings ..when i get the puppet i want ill do nice eyes. sttill trying to figure out how they do the latest kermit fingers...look more like strips of fuzzy velcro...still to brush out all the seems as it is a little tougher than the last material