The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Hostile Makeover"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Would kids even get that joke? No. Are there plenty of other things for them to laugh at? Yes.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
so you're going to just ignore every point I make *sighs* PARENTS will get t KIDS will ask what it was PARENTS will be forced to explain.
it doesn't change the fact viewership went down 31% since the previous episode. that is NOT a good thing.

drteethcool

Reaction score
I would like to ask three ask here.
What do you all think they could do to make everyone happy and if they did cancel this show i hope they don't but if they did you don't think that Disney would just give up on doing this Muppet reboot do you ?
Is there a thread for who is the muppet you like the least ?

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
If it gets canceled I am pretty sure it would be due to people not being satisfied with the content. the best I can suggest is they make the show more friendly for everyone and not just adults with middle school sensed of humor/
as for the last question i dont know.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
so you're going to just ignore every point I make *sighs* PARENTS will get t KIDS will ask what it was PARENTS will be forced to explain.
it doesn't change the fact viewership went down 31% since the previous episode. that is NOT a good thing.
Comparatively, it was on par with everything else that aired that night (aside from the Voice and NCIS). It even beat out a series premiere on FOX. So, viewership did indeed go down, but the same can be said for other Tuesday programming.

It's still doing better than Selfie did, so there's that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Certainly with the band it's like the writers watched an episode of Robot Chicken and thought "OK that works, Page 1 is done!"
Well again, they brought in SIMPSONS writers to do VMX - Muppets and Simpsons are two different brands of humor, so to try and throw in Simpsons--esque humor into the Muppets had trainwreck results: with writers from THE OFFICE, MODERN FAMILY, and THE BIG DANG THEORY (yes, we all know Bill Prady started with the Muppets; there are M*A*S*H producers and writers that started with SST, notably Thad Mumford & Dan Wilcox) trying th thrown in the style of humor from these respctives shows into the Muppets isn't cutting it. I don't know what exactly Zoot drew, but based on what previous comments, I'll agree: that's something middle school kids do just to be stupid (Grade 7 saw a lot of testicles drawn on frosted bus windows) - that kind of humor is beneath the Muppets.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah. Making a show based on an internet fad? That's the makings of a long-running smash alright. We'll all still be taking selfies in five years.

Drtooth

Reaction score
NCIS is always going to do well in the ratings because old people love its repetitiveness, it's lack of realism when it comes to computers, and the 2002 mentality of the subject matter. By all means, it's not a terrible show, just one that's pointless and more formulaic than an average Scooby-Doo episode. Much as tweenagers will still gobble up The Voice to support their favorite soon to be washing dishes at the local Applebees contender.

Anyway, at least no one's watching John Stamos's idiotic series.

Now, I have to admit, I'm sick of hearing about how a show for adults by adults and about adults that's pretty much tamer than a Season 2 Simpsons episode. if you're going to go for joke quality and substance, fine. But let's face it, they've done worse jokes. Animaniacs has done rougher jokes about sex. Even saw a Teen Titans Go where they explicitly showed a naked Beast Boy beckoning Raven to her bed. The top rated show that only kids like made a dirtier joke than the Muppets.

If we're going on the "only old humor is funny and the old show had old style humor" bit, fine. But if we're going the prudish "the Muppets should pander to the preschool set" route, I suggest tracking down a copy of "Peek-a-Boo." I'm sure there's still something offensive to virgin eyes and ears, but it's probably just clean enough for you.

drteethcool

Reaction score
Well they could always still make the show and put it on Netflix if it did get Canceled on ABC.