The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Hostile Makeover"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Healde, Ladywarrior, D'Snowth, please stop contaminating these threads with your irrational hatreds towards this fantastic new series and towards newer Muppet productions in general.

It seems to me that you 3 are not true Muppet fans anymore and are taking delight in just being contrary for the sake of being contrary and going out of the way too annoy us all and look for excuses to take down the Muppets and send them into obscurity for good, which is just sinful and soulless! :grouchy:
Duke, please stop contaminating this entire forum with your elitist mentality that everybody has to agree with your opinion and your opinion only - you're the one who annoys everybody with your sugar-coated, saccharine, sunshines and unicorns opinion that you insist is fact and that everybody has to agree with it. Different people have different opinions, and they are not only entitled to them, but they are also entitled to disagree with you if they don't agree with your opinion. How old are you anyway? You always come across as an entitled spoiled brat who always has to have his way.

At no point have any of the three of us that you've singled out said we want the Muppets to fail or want them to fade away into obscurity "for good," you just like attacking people who don't paraphrase what you say.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The only reason I thought anyone was wanting the Muppest to fail, was because folks where talking about the show canceling. If I upset anyone with saying that I'm sorry.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's OK, Dwayne, I wasn't upset. It's normal for tensions to run high sometimes. :smile:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
The issue with the Zoot joke was not that it was adult-oriented humor, or really child-oriented humor (because that's what it really was), but that it was the dumbest "joke" in the world.

And the second episode being reminiscent of The Simpsons to me now makes sense since there are writers from that show involved. They basically turned Gonzo into Homer Simpson. He's been funny so far, but he doesn't seem like the Gonzo I know.

And now if anyone wants to know what's been with all the Chip love lately, he was inspired by Bill Prady, essentially the creator, writer and producer for the show.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Healde, Ladywarrior, D'Snowth, please stop contaminating these threads with your irrational hatreds towards this fantastic new series and towards newer Muppet productions in general.

It seems to me that you 3 are not true Muppet fans anymore and are taking delight in just being contrary for the sake of being contrary and going out of the way too annoy us all and look for excuses to take down the Muppets and send them into obscurity for good, which is just sinful and soulless! :grouchy:
Gee, I'm kinda disappointed I wasn't included in this list of haters. #kicksrock
I was critical of the show in the episode 1 thread.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
The issue with the Zoot joke was not that it was adult-oriented humor, or really child-oriented humor (because that's what it really was), but that it was the dumbest "joke" in the world.
The issue I had with the Zoot joke is it seemed like something you'd see from Beavis and Butthead. It's cheap sophmoric humor. It's not smart comedy.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
The issue I had with the Zoot joke is it seemed like something you'd see from Beavis and Butthead. It's cheap sophmoric humor. It's not smart comedy.
Yeah. For everyone arguing "Jim would've wanted it this way", and blah blah blah, I don't really see why it matters, but Jim didn't strike me as a Beavis and Butthead-type guy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only reason I thought anyone was wanting the Muppest to fail, was because folks where talking about the show canceling.
Well, that's something that does need to be addressed, because it's the way the television industry works today: we touched on this in the "Pig Girls Don't Cry" thread, but networks today are always so desperate for big numbers, big raitings, and big money, that if a show doesn't seem like it's going to live up to any of those - irregardless of the quality - they'll go ahead and yank it off the air after X-amount of episodes; it's not like the old days, where they usually wait until the season finishes airing to determine how well the numbers were if they warrant another season renewal.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Like would Jim have approved of this image?

To me it's kind of awkward. Don't get me wrong, it's better than the Zoot "joke", but it's just weird. I have no problem with the Muppets dabbling in adult humor, but at least let it be tasteful and genuine. Jim would've done it right; he knew quality.