The Chipmunks

Drtooth

Reaction score
The thing that's insane is that they aired the Chipmunks cartoon multiple times a day ever since it premiered. They never do that with any of their other cartoons no matter how popular they are. Unless the ratings fell after showing the same 10 episodes over and over, this is low even for them.

But hey. Those kidcoms that are rerun on all three channels now.... especially since it looks like the lame quadruplets show is falling completely out of favor. Can't blame them, it's a freaking trope trainwreck. They had an entire episode where they couldn't go to the water park because someone didn't flush the toilet and it becomes (probably) the dumbest whodunnit ever. I saw that promo and thought to myself...Yeah! that's the low quality event horizon for the network. And that includes those horrid internet based shows that no one liked.

Still, their constant need to sabotage all their non-Spongebob Nicktoons is ridiculous. They promote the shows to heck when they first pop up, then the new episodes disappear.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This is just sad.Nick only has like three watchable cartoons on right now and all of the live action shows are terrible. Although I think Henry Danger is okay sometimes all the rest of the shows are bad, and man Dan Schneider's shows have really become so unoriginal :sigh:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to admit, Henry Danger is surprisingly not terrible from what I've seen.

I just don't understand why something that actually got good ratings right off the bat, especially something that's already completely produced by another company that they don't have to sink any money into outside of broadcast rights got pulled so quickly.

I like their cartoon line up alright now, especially Turtles, but it seems that any cartoon that isn't Spongebob doesn't get more than an airing per new episode on the network proper. TMNT is all over Nicktoons, that's a plus. But they made such a big deal about Harvey Beaks and Pig Goat Banana Cricket, and to see them banished to once weekly showings (Harvey even gets a half an episode per week) is just more of them self sabotaging their animation line up.

Breadwinners for better or worse is like a non-person on the network now. Shame as it was actually getting good. An upcoming episode was titled "Wrath of the Pizzalord" (or something like that), suggesting another Pizzawinners episode. Those characters appearance marked a significant improvement over the meh series overall. Not that I really mind that it's cartoona-non-gratta, but I really wish Harvey, Sanjay and Craig, and PGBC would get a little more love on the network. And why TMNT doesn't even have a daily episode or two when it's a merchandising juggernaut is just pathetic. They need to get it through their thick little heads that the network can't just be one cartoon and a bunch of not really that popular live action series. The turn around for those shows is laughable. And they still show iCarly from time to time when it's been cancelled for years. I know it's a kid's network and all, but stop trying to emulate 2005 Disney channel.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
On the subject of new Nick shows, does anyone else besides methink this WITS ACADEMY looks like . . . a soap? The cinematography, the picture quality, the extra fluid movements? This looks like it was filmed like a soap.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seems that they didn't remove A&TC from the network. They had at least 3 or 4 episodes in a row this afternoon.

On the subject of new Nick shows, does anyone else besides methink this WITS ACADEMY looks like . . . a soap? The cinematography, the picture quality, the extra fluid movements? This looks like it was filmed like a soap.
It's a spinoff of something called "Every Witch Way" which apparently was a soap-ish type show. At least from what I can tell from the previews they kept airing. It's clearly intended for the twdeenage girl market, and I'd say it's at least a bit refreshing to see a show for that demo that isn't a bunch of bratty kids running around with dumb as crap parents. I don't see how these things are more mature and realistic than the cartoon shows they barely air. Especially since they keep showing some advertisement for Game Shakers where they get a cartoonish robot that apparently has A.I. Okay... even if someone can believe that a bunch of kids can run a company and that one of them is so darn advanced that she built a computer at age five. But a cartoony robot?!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seems that they didn't remove A&TC from the network. They had at least 3 or 4 episodes in a row this afternoon.
The removal wasn't supposed to start till Monday anyway . . . even though that's when the new episodes were supposed to resume, but yeah, starting Monday, it's off for Rikki Tiki Tavi and Hank.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You're probably using a different TV listing than I am. Those things wildly vary in accuracy. The one I'm using still has The Chipmunks on in the 2 and 5-6 slots, but aren't the new episodes anyway.

I'm sure that may change to those dumb Quads. And seriously, I have a feeling Nick has bigger failures with these live action shows since they pretty much introduce one new one a month, and then when the episodes dry up, they just dump them on mid-day reruns or Teen Nick, or (frustratingly) Nicktoons. They seem to have a real insistence that everyone loves Ricky, Hacky, Tacky, and Done it. I am doubtful. I know there are current Tween Nick shows that may have an audience. Even Sam and Cat has fans who were ticked off that Nick treated the stars badly (no wonder Arianna Grande is nuts). But I don't think there's anyone who can defend a show that's essentially 4 kids going through the trope motions.

Of course, if this schedule is more accurate and Chipmunks still has daily showings, it's still better treatment than Harvey Beaks or Sanjay and Craig. Shows that are now 11 minutes a week instead of 22 (because they don't want to give up the 7PM slot on Friday to something that isn't the oh so mature live action shows). Last night, I'm not sure what to make of this, Nicktoons reran a Sanjay and Craig that premiered the day before. Why is this interesting? They showed the whole episode, unintentionally (I'm hoping unintentionally) premiering a new cartoon at 1 in the morning. I'm going to chalk that up to a mistake, but if Harvey and S&C turn into one of those Nicktoons that they renew, but don't show all the episodes until years later, I'd be really ticked. Especially with Harvey, one of the best cartoons today.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well it looks like Nick isn't removing it in favor of Mickey from Seinfeld and Hank Danger Zone after all - but we're still not getting new episodes right now.

Aside from that, I was watching some of the 80s episodes, and talk about an awkward Hilarious in Hindsight moment when Alvin talks about how jocks always get the ladies, and using Bruce Jenner as an example.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Honestly, what is the deal?! Why won't Nick put this show On Demand? All of their other shows are On Demand; WITS ACADEMY just started and it's already On Demand, yet this show's been on for almost three months, and we still can't get it On Demand. What gives?!

But, on another note, lookie-lookie!
http://www.licensing.biz/news/read/...-partner-for-alvinnn-and-the-chipmunks/042795

(Beware: this is an annoying site with ads you have to sit through, cookie notifications, then another ad you have to sit through before you can even read it).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hopefully the show will still be around by then. It'll be nice to see Chipmunks merchandise besides the movie and the retro 60's style versions of the characters. Sometimes, sometimes you can find the 90's versions of the characters, but those things rarely pop up. Got an Alvin Christmas ornament a few years back that was that specific 90's version.

Now if only we could get some Sanjay and Craig and Harvey Beaks merchandising partners.