Sanjay an Craig: New Nick series

Drtooth

Reaction score
UGH! I only caught the last half of the Snoop Dogg guest appearance special. At least I got to see some of Tufflips's weird past, and his odd feelings towards his mother. And we get to hear more of Hector's inexplicable rap talent as well.

Seriously, I can't get enough of this song from several episodes back:

Really wish Nick would reruns all the Sunday Night shows on Saturdays. Place I usually watch things when I miss them of course hasn't had a new Sanjay and Craig episode for weeks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seems like Sanjay and Craig has become yet another in the line of current cartoon series with a comic book adaption. Papercutz not only resurrected Nickelodeon Magazine (more on that in a minute), but there's going to be a Sanjay and Craig graphic novel series as well, probably reprinting the magazine stories. I dunno yet. I only saw the magazine today picking up last week's Rick and Morty.

The Magazine essentially is just Sanjay and Craig and Breadwinners comics. More of a comic magazine than what it used to be. And forgivably, those are the only shows not currently licensed out to another company. Spongebob's at Bongo, TMNT is at IDW (they have a cartoon adaption series and are starting another), there's going to be a Zim comic from Oni press. Just wonder why there's no Harvey Beaks in this thing. Kinda a shame it's not resurrecting some older Nick shows, and the lack of new animated shows outside of Harvey, TMNT, Breadwinners and S&C probably means there's not going to be many other nick shows in comic form.

But hey. Sanjay and Craig graphic novel? Sounds good to me.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I liked the episode about the group of young fankids always watching S&C in secret and making 4th wall jokes about the show with a literal wink & nod. But if they're always watching the two, how did they not know who Hector was despite being superfans?

And the following ep where Hector uses his own "divine"-smelling sweat to sell as cologne was a lot less gross than I expected. This is probably because it's a lot like the Fairly Oddparents ep where Cosmo uses his sweat socks to make better-tasting lemonade, only everyone was aware that it was sweat to begin with. Also, I didn't feel that Hector was exploited by S&C despite his dehydration-induced hallucination saying otherwise, as he was hesitant but willing to risk dehydration to help his friends (and Tufflips) make money.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just able to catch this on the rebroadcast. I missed the second cartoon because I had to catch a bus.

And the following ep where Hector uses his own "divine"-smelling sweat to sell as cologne was a lot less gross than I expected. This is probably because it's a lot like the Fairly Oddparents ep where Cosmo uses his sweat socks to make better-tasting lemonade, only everyone was aware that it was sweat to begin with.
And "The Cat that Laid the Golden Hairball" and that episode of Spongebob where Mr. Krabs was capturing Jellyfish. Seems that "exploiting someone for gross purposes" is a Nicktoons right of passage. But having Hector recruit an army of animals to fight back (even if it was a hallucination) was a nice twist to this concept.

Other than that, I really dislike Nick's policy on rerunning the series. Like everything else they rerun, they only run a fraction of the show, and while some episodes never get rebroadcast, the other half are on multiple times a week. Wasn't until a couple of weeks ago when they finally cracked one out that I finally saw it (the one with the bizarre candies). Really is a shame they don't rerun all the episodes of certain shows instead of a selection of overrun episodes. TMNT is just about the only show I've seen Nicktoons run the entire series of.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I love how they made fun of foodie Anthony Bourdain and his show in "Snake Parts Unknown", and even got Bourdain himself to voice his parody counterpart. I even liked that little touch about one of the crew members getting all impatient about wanting Anthony to eat Craig because the show was about to end after 15 years and she can finally see her family again.

And even though "Flabyrinth" was a very loose parody of Labyrinth, I still enjoyed it. Gotta love the little touches like how that robot was serving up Tufflips' '80s cereal complete with rancid '80s milk, and how the Flabyrinth itself decayed into a toxic waste dump surrounded by even more mobile homes because it's been decades since someone found that ring.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm not loving Nick's new airing schedule that shows only half an episode of of Sanjay and Craig and half a of Harvey Beaks. I'm sure they'd find a way to short change Pig Goat Banana Cricket if it was impossible to split into 2 15 minute chunks without ruining the episode.

But I did like this interesting twist in the recent half Sanjay and Craig episode. Even though he wound up betraying them (but feeling bad about it), I like how Noodman went from stuffy, hateful neighbor cliche to actually taking interest in the kids Sci-fi play. It's one thing that the Dicksons went from the jerky, overly hip bullies of the show to being more sensitive and friendly, but Noodman? I like how he went from viciously wanting to kill Craig due to his childhood trauma to being a lot friendlier to the main cast, letting his character break free from some of the psychological excuses he had to be nasty.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I would like for Chido in the episode before that to become a recurring character. She's got a lot of mystery surrounding her with her, especially with her girly-girl side that she seems to hide. And I bet there's going to be a lot of shipping of her with Tyson. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, that was subversive considering the show was produced by Viacom. They pretty much spent an episode giving the middle finger to anti-piracy, as well as giving Tufflips some well needed backstory, by essentially saying he's poor because the movie studio owns all the rights to his movies and likeness.

Loved Craig's line about how piracy is "illegal-(ish)"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hopefully this was an accident, but the full version of Friday's episode was shown at 1 AM this morning on Nicktoons. As in the second half episode that didn't premiere on the network proper yet.

It was...weird. Even for them. It was about a loud, mechanical billboard for a lawyer that Sanjay and Craig enjoyed semi-ironically but was ruining the Frycade's business and ticking Penny off.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Hopefully this was an accident, but the full version of Friday's episode was shown at 1 AM this morning on Nicktoons. As in the second half episode that didn't premiere on the network proper yet.

It was...weird. Even for them. It was about a loud, mechanical billboard for a lawyer that Sanjay and Craig enjoyed semi-ironically but was ruining the Frycade's business and ticking Penny off.
Well this does not sound good.:stick_out_tongue: