The Muppets Episode 3 - Bear Left Then Bear Write

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Bear Left Then Bear Write"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • Bork bork! This episode was good.

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Drtooth

Reaction score
This show really has shown signs of being better with every episode. Not that I didn't like the first two episodes, but I think maybe the Kermit and Fozzie A Plot really spoke to me. Fozzie was always one of my favorites, and it was also great to see Kermit spending the episode with another character besides Piggy.

Also great to see more of the Late Night Piggy show. Got to admit I also didn't think that B story was that great, but I loved the fact Scooter played a big role in it. Somehow, it seems like a plotline from MT, which they would have stretched it out more. And at least it's funnier than what could have been done with that gag in the show. While the Gonzo subplot wasn't great either, I have to admit, there seems to be potential in Gonzo's internet dating exploits. I did, however, love the puppet for Debbie. I doubt we'd see too much more of her, but it's great to see another female Muppet character on the show. And seriously, Yolanda is becoming the Ensemble Darkhorse of the series.

I'd say, outside of the Kermit Fozzie storyline, the big highlight was Nick Offerman. I agree. There needs to be more scenes with him. I hope that he comes back again in a future episode. Maybe with his wife, Megan Mullaly. And I really liked seeing Chip as well, though it would have been funnier had they recycled the "Was I in Muppet Treasure Island" gag from the pitch.

Only thing that I can really complain about is how my local station boned the opening by running one extra commercial, and it cut into the first few lines of the episode. I HATE when local stations pull crap like that.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
The Kermit/Fozzie plot was perfect. Adorable and true friendship. The first time I have really felt the pairing of Kermit and Fozzie in a long time.

But goodness gracious anything with Steve and Bill riffing off one another is KILLING me! I hope we find out a little bit down the line that those two improv half their lines. They have gotten so good at playing off one another.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Definitely agree about Yolanda, she's definitely getting a lot of good lines and the role as Kermit's secretary should give her plenty of opportunity to stick around. Her and Big Mean Carl make quite the support staff.

Muppy

Reaction score
To be completely honest, the only part of the episode that I didn't like was Nick Offerman. I didn't find him funny at all to be honest.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This episode was good. I liked that Debbie was a caricature of Debbie McClellan. I liked that we finally saw Rowlf's Tavern and Chip was kinda funny. I liked Applegate thinking the Chef was saying his name was Meegan and he snaps his fingers.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
and we all know miss piggy putting her face in the cake was hilarious!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
This was a good episode.

Love all the obscure characters getting nitch roles within the production staff: Chip as the IT guy, Big Mean Carl as the receptionist, Yolanda (thought she was a PA, but her working as Kermit's secretary makes sense).
Seems Denise has been dumped in favor of Yolanda.
Debbie was a Muppet? Thought she'd be an actual woman like Betty and Kim.
Liked the line about how Kermit doesn't care for pumpkin flavored beer at Rowlf's tavern.
So they reused the line about Rowlf's surgery and actually showed him chewing through the cone of shame.
Fozzie getting shot with a tranq dart at Big Bear Mountain Park. Guess they had one too many incidents with bears wearing hats and ties stealing campers' pickinick baskets.
"Panda Express next to the Foot Locker... Oh wait, I'm thinking of the Glendale Galleria." that's classic funny.

Just hope we don't have to wait too long for that movie about the porcupine lady buying socks for her love interest.