Courage the Cowardly Dog returning?

Erine81981

Reaction score
That was the last two seasons. You're talking about him bowing at the end in front of a red curtain at the end of each episode, right? That was the last two seasons.

Then there was that episode, "Hard Drive Courage," where he scanned himself into the computer to save Muriel, and we got an entire sequence where he was CGI - that was pretty cool, at the time.
Yes. I couldn't remember. Oh I almost forgot about that episode. That was a pretty cool episode. At the time I always thought why can't other shows do this type of concept and then they did and it got old.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Let me try to find it again, I found the link to it by accident, so I need to search for it again.

Dilly's usually so flamboyant and crazy in most of his interviews, but he sounds heavily medicated in that Jambareeqi interview, lol.

These people need to learn not to ask him how he got started in animation, because his answer will always be the same: "WITH A PENCIL!"
I've seen the first two before....very nice and interesting interviews with him. It's funny that even in 2015, he still won't tell everybody what the "R" in his name really stands for. It definitely ain't Rumplestiltskin. :wink:

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I once read that it's Robert, but I'm not sure if that's actual information, or if it's just something someone put up at random since it was on Wikipedia. Kind of like how we never really knew what the 'G' in Fred G. Sanford stood for, lol.

I actually can't find that interview now . . . and unfortunately, for whatever reason, YT vids can't be cached in your browser history anymore, and I can't even remember where it was I originally foundthe link to the new interview, which sucks. If anyone can find it, look for an interview done by a guy in his bedroom full of Funko Pop figures, the interview was apparently done for charity for a guy with cancer, and Dilly apparently being interviewed from inside a (dill) pickle jar. But like I said, the reason this new interview was enlightening was because he explained why the Fog never got outside of airing only in Asia and at film festivals.

EDIT: Wait a minute - it may have been on the Stretch Films Facebook page, lemme check. . . .

EDIT AGAIN: Yep, I was right.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One of the things I like the most about that Jambareeqi interview is how Dilly has expressed interest in possibly making an animated feature, but adding that only if he could do it on his own without corporate influence; he's a true independent.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Here's something cool!

So obviously, Courage among other cartoons had quite a few bumpers made by Primal Screen during the Powerhouse era, and if you search on YouTube, there are only three that you can see: 1) Courage jumps into the bathtub while Eustace is taking a bath; 2) A monster hand underneath the bed grabs Courage and pulls him under; and 3) A creature pops out of a jar in the kitchen and scares Courage. Well, guess what? I actually found two never-before-seen Powerhouse bumpers on one of my VHS tapes, one of which is taken from the food fight in "Courage Meets Bigfoot"! Check them out here:

(Courage bumpers are at the 1:09 and 3:48 marks)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've seen those before.

There's another one too involving Courage peaking into the chicken coop, and the chickens all flying out when he does, leaving him dazed and confused (and with a cracked egg on his head).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cn seems to really be giving Courage some love randomly.

The Third Season of the show will be released to DVD as vanilla* edition as it is, when other CN shows, even Dexter's Lab, seem to be given the cold shoulder. Pretty good news for those who don't have Boomerang or Netflix, or those like me who want to collect physical media.

*(it should be pointed out vanilla is a flavor, it seems like it's the default code name for plain. True "plain" ice cream, judging by that litmus test for the word is really just sweetened cream. In other words, vanilla has a flavor, sweet cream ice cream tastes like nothing).

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Cn seems to really be giving Courage some love randomly.

The Third Season of the show will be released to DVD as vanilla* edition as it is, when other CN shows, even Dexter's
Lab, seem to be given the cold shoulder. Pretty good news for those who don't have Boomerang or Netflix, or those like me who want to collect physical media.

*(it should be pointed out vanilla is a flavor, it seems like it's the default code name for plain. True "plain" ice cream, judging by that litmus test for the word is really just sweetened cream. In other words, vanilla has a flavor, sweet cream ice cream tastes like nothing).
They gave Fosters a season 3 DVD, but only online.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm honestly surprised that Courage is getting this much love: usually, CN didn't give any of their shows this kind of treatment unless they were Dexter, PPG, or KND. Heck, I can't believe EE hasn't gotten anything beyond Season 2, and that was one of their all-time biggest smashes. I'm not surprised, however, that it's another bare-bones vanilla release, as that's what Seasons 1 and 2 were . . . heck, the only CN DVD that got any kind of special features of Johnny Bravo Season 1, and we all know why. Two words: Seth MacFarlane. That's all. If Seth hadn't worked on Johnny Bravo, you can bet they wouldn't bother putting any kind of special features on that DVD at all.

Season 3, to me, was a rocky season. Between the lengthy hiatus that came after the first three or so episodes, then later the recasting of Eustace, I kind of feel like Season 3 was pretty weak overall, though it did have some really great episodes.

Anyway, Animation Atrocities did a review on the infamous "Ball of Revenge" episode:

When this episode first aired when I was a kid, I waspsyched about it: it had already aired in the U.K., so I was anticipating this episode to see so many past villains together in one story, as well as the cameo appearance by the Duck Brothers: when the episode finally aired, I was not disappointed. Looking back on it in retrospect, while I do still have fond memories of the episode, Animation Atrocities does bring up some good points about why the episode really doesn't work. True, Eustace was not only Flanderized in this episode, but it was cranked beyond 11, and he did seem extremely out of character in lidnapping Muriel for the sake of luring Courage to his demise. As for the villains themselves: idealy, neither the Weremole nor the Clutching Foot should be there - Courage did nothing to anger the Weremole, nor did it really even interact with Courage aside from attacking him in his bunny suit; and Courage essentially killed the Clutching Foot, and when it was alive, it was attached to and consumed Eustace, so how did it come back to life on its own? The Puddle Queen, while random, makes a little more sense than given credit for: Courage interfered with her feasting on Eustace and essentially banished her when he air dried her puddle away, so I can see that as cause for revenge. Cajun Fox's inclusion seems to be out of him being something of an Ensemble Darkhorse. And I agree looking back that if Eustace was able to round up all these past villains against Courage, it would have been nice if Courage could have gathered his allies like Shirley.