The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Hostile Makeover"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Not to beat the point over the head, but they look like the Muppets, but they aren't really the Muppets. It's like if you took your body and put someone else's brain in there, it's no longer you. I am not saying this to complain about the new show, but these are just the facts.

It's like they could either retire 'The Muppets' completely since Jim is no longer the brain behind them and most of the old puppeteers are gone, or they could live on as they are now; which would you rather have? It's a really tough question. Retiring ensures quality and an untouchable legacy, but there would be nothing new.

It could be better, but it could definitely be much worse. They aren't doing that bad of a job with them. Jim said "If the audience wants these characters to live on, they will". It's really like "If Disney wants these characters to live on, they will". But it's a joint effort between the audience and the creators.

Here's another hypothetical. I think we can all agree on this: The Simpsons in its prime, that's as good as television gets right there. All original members are still doing that show but it is beyond stale at this point and needs to stop. Who's to say if Jim was still "running the show" it wouldn't be dry? But he would also probably be retired now with minimal involvement in things. Maybe a reboot in new hands is healthy and a necessary change to keep things fresh.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Not to beat the point over the head, but they look like the Muppets, but they aren't really the Muppets. It's like if you took your body and put someone else's brain in there, it's no longer you. I am not saying this to complain about the new show, but these are just the facts.

It's like they could either retire 'The Muppets' completely since Jim is no longer the brain behind them and most of the old puppeteers are gone, or they could live on as they are now; which would you rather have? It's a really tough question. Retiring ensures quality and an untouchable legacy, but there would be nothing new.

It could be better, but it could definitely be much worse. They aren't doing that bad of a job with them. Jim said "If the audience wants these characters to live on, they will". It's really like "If Disney wants these characters to live on, they will". But it's a joint effort between the audience and the creators.

Here's another hypothetical. I think we can all agree on this: The Simpsons in its prime, that's as good as television gets right there. All original members are still doing that show but it is beyond stale at this point and needs to stop. Who's to say if Jim was still "running the show" it wouldn't be dry? But he would also probably be retired now with minimal involvement in things. Maybe a reboot in new hands is healthy and a necessary change to keep things fresh.
FRANK OZ!!!!!
They need Frank........Not as a performer not as a director, but as a creative overseer just like he was during The Muppet Show. It was said he would sit in on writers meetings and just start marking away at the jokes he thought would fall falt. Frank was and still is very character driven. He could turn this show around to where not only would it be edgy but the characters would be themselves, and the relationships would work. The sad thing is after years of saying he dose not want to be a part of the Muppets, he has recently said he might would like to come back. Disney however has not contacted him

Duke Remington

Reaction score
FRANK OZ!!!!!
They need Frank........Not as a performer not as a director, but as a creative overseer just like he was during The Muppet Show. It was said he would sit in on writers meetings and just start marking away at the jokes he thought would fall falt. Frank was and still is very character driven. He could turn this show around to where not only would it be edgy but the characters would be themselves, and the relationships would work. The sad thing is after years of saying he dose not want to be a part of the Muppets, he has recently said he might would like to come back. Disney however has not contacted him
No, they do not.

The show is working out just fine as it is.

Please stop relying too much on the old guard and don't become one of those irrational and uneducated haters. :rolleyes:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I really don't know. I think we have kind of touched on it a little bit in this thread when we have been talking about the folks writing the show. Yes it is true that Bill Pardy did work with Jim and has wrote things for the Muppets in the past. However he has not stayed with the Muppets. He has not seen what they have become.,or what they really are. I think he mostly wrote for the Jim Henson Hour which is completely different then the Muppet Show. Pardy is the shows main writer,and has brought in people with his same kind of mainstream everyone is out for number one shallow thinking mentality. I think that Disney-ABC had,and still has a lot of faith in the Muppets, but I feel they the wrong writers writing the show.
They are not the wrong writers! They're excellent writers and great choices for the show. :rolleyes:

Erine81981

Reaction score

I agree with everyone who has enjoyed the show. It's really good I don't see any problem with it. Yes hardly any of the older puppeteers aren't there but that doesn't make it not The Muppets. They are still the same but they have grown with newer puppeteers. That's how I see it.

Some older fans who grew up with Jim at least during the old show are enjoying this show too. I grew up with the older reruns during the time Jim was around. Now yes I would have never had known about Jim till about the age of 6 or 10 but I knew who he was. I was sad when I found out my hero had passed away. Even my Granny called me to see how I was and ask if I knew what had happened. I still see them as they were 30 years ago. But I understand everyone has their own opinion. I know where you are coming from.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
No, they do not.

The show is working out just fine as it is.

Please stop relying too much on the old guard and don't become one of those irrational and uneducated haters. :rolleyes:
Alot of the haters on this forum are not uneducated. I love the new show,but at the same time there are things i see that are terribly wrong with the characters. In particular Kermit., and his lack of respect for the other Muppets. I won't say he is being mean I just think he does not care for them as much as he ues to. Lieing to Fozzie and setting up Piggy is kind of out of character for Kermit. I mean I could see Rizzo or Pepe doing that, but not Kermit. So ya know you can call me us haters,but don't call us uneducated!

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Alot of the haters on this forum are not uneducated. I love the new show,but at the same time there are things i see that are terribly wrong with the characters. In particular Kermit., and his lack of respect for the other Muppets. I won't say he is being mean I just think he does not care for them as much as he ues to. Lieing to Fozzie and setting up Piggy is kind of out of character for Kermit. I mean I could see Rizzo or Pepe doing that, but not Kermit. So ya know you can call me us haters,but don't call us uneducated!
I completely disagree. That is all. :grouchy: