Kermit replica

Bear Man

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm building a Kermit replica and would love to hear your feedback...I think the eyes may be a bit too far apart?

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
I think he's looking really good!

Maybe a little less green on the inner jaw where the mouthplates meet.
Something is off about his eyes......either make the blacks smaller or make the balls a little bigger.
His head is pointy on the top which is true to a Steve Whitmire Kermit but less for a Jim Henson Kermit....just my oponion. :wink:

It's going to turn really nice is this is your V1 :smile:

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
The front facing picture looks nearly perfect! Good job!

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Hes looking really great mate! :smile:
Head shape looks spot on! As for the eyes.. Are they the 35mm domes? For the head size they look a tad small but im being really picky. Really great job so far :smile:

Bear Man

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback you guys!

FoxWorthy - I'm actually going for a slightly more recent era Frog, so that explains the point on his head - but thanks for the suggestions about pupil size and mouth.

Muppetlab - the eyes are indeed 35mm - I am building a new head this weekend with a more flexible mouth (1.5mm rubber instead of the 3mm currently there - I'd initially thought the thinner rubber would be too floppy but the ultra suede and fleece should provide enough support I think.) Were you thinking that the whole head (including mouth) is a bit big? Or just the fleece portion? I'll scale the patterns back by 5-10%, I just need to know whether I need to scale mouth plate as well as fleece pattern!

Muppetlab

Reaction score
The overall head and mouth is IMO a perfect shape.. Its really hard to get so you did a really great job.

I just think the eyes look a tad small.
How does it sit on your hand? (Loose/tight)
If you can go down a little it will be perfect with those size eyes :smile:

Bear Man

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. It's pretty loose on my hand (my hands are on the smaller side anyway), the shape of the head is really being helped out by some fibre fill. I'll give it a shot at 90% - just used photoshop to keep the eyes at 100% but reduced everything else to 90% and this is the result - I think you're definitely right!:

Last edited:

Bear Man

Reaction score
I have re-Frogged (using 3mm rubber again though - the 1.5mm was just too thin, and since this will be mostly a poser, I don't need too much flex in the mouth):

Here he is next to my first attempt - I've replaced the eyes on the first one from 35mm spheres with ping pong halves:

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Perfect :smile:
Get some pupils on that bad boy and he will magically come to life :smile: