Tavis Smiley Interviews Sonia Manzano

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sonia Manzano was on Tavis Smiley's show last night to promote her new memoir, and share a lot of personal anecdotes of her childhood growing up in the Bronx and her early career endeavors.

The full interview is now available for viewing on the PBS website:
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/tavissmiley/interviews/actressauthor-sonia-monzano/?show=25634

I hadn't realize just how long its been since I've watched SST regularly; she's definitely showing the years, but she still looks fantastic, and her entire interview made me smile - I especially love the way she described her first viewing of SST and how glamorous Gordon and Susan seemed compared to other blacks on TV at the time.

I'll definitely have to check her books out sometime. I like how she said just because she's retired from SST doesn't mean she's retired from life.

123Sunny

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this! I am watching it now. She really has been on SST for a long time and she did a really great job. I will miss her a lot.:flirt:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So every year, my mom always insists that I open one present on Christmas Eve, so I did, and was surprised that I not only got a copy of Sonia's memoirs, but she apparently went through the extra trouble of tracking down an autographed copy for me, so that was really nice.