The Muppet Universe

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
According to Muppet Family Christmas, The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock share a universe and according to the We are Family video Bear in the Big Blue House, Between the Lions and Barney are a part of it. As much as I hate Barney, the video actually provided a lot of info for me on the "fictional world" The Muppets share. Since SS characters appeared on BTL that is more proof that Between the Lions share that universe. Also according to "The Muppets:A Celebration of 30 Years" Emmet Otter shares the same 'verse and also it's quite obvious that Sam and Friends is a part of it due to Kermit. What do you think of my fan theory?

Share in the comments below, :stick_out_tongue:.

Iscah

Reaction score
I'm quite sure that Fraggle Rock (the cave system) joins ALL Muppets/Henson series in some way. We see that the Rock can connect to multiple worlds; there's a creature that occasionally shows up that looks like Fizzgig from The Dark Crystal; and apparently Uncle Matt makes a cameo in the Labyrinth sequel-comics... He also turns up in The Muppets Take Manhattan, showing the worlds are linked even if Family Christmas is non-canon (which I suspect it is; I don't think it can fit into the story-timeline of Fraggle Rock, and it links in Muppet Babies which clashes with The Muppet Show canon).

Multiple species of cave creatures turn up as extras in the 90s movies, and minor productions like Mopatop's Shop (which also has Muppet creatures turn up, so it's linked to both places; I think it's some kind of pocket dimension).

And then of course it's linked to the Star Wars universe... And if you want to accept links from outside sources, also the Pixar universe. (Statler and Waldorf cameo in the short film "Presto".)

...I need to draw a map of this sometime.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
I consider Fraggle Rock to be its own continuity, separate from the Muppets, whereas within the Muppets universe Fraggle Rock and Sesame Street are just fictional shows that happen to cross over in a TV special made by and starring The Muppets.