Major Changes in store for Sesame Street Season 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Everyone needs to stop worrying about the "core six" thing. They are only doing that to create a more "familiar" feel to the neighborhood by having the same faces show up on a consistent basis. This show has so many characters that it could be easy for kids to forget about certain ones because they go for so long without seeing them. The core six are not going to be the sole focus of the show now. They are just going to appear in a more consistent number of street scenes (as the main character or a supporting character) so that there's that sense of familiarity.
Once you wrap your head around that, the core six doesn't seem like something terrible. I'm glad to hear other characters will still be around, hopefully with some level of frequency. And if it means more Big Bird and Oscar in street scenes, that's always good.

ssetta

Reaction score
I've checked HBO schedules through Nov 16th and no sign of Sesame on it.
I've actually wondered that myself, and I think I figured out why. I don't think they ever said anywhere that Season 46 will be premiering on 11/16. I think that's just when the half-hour version will replace the hour long version on PBS.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
SO IS THIS SEASON EVEN AIRING THIS YEAR??!! It is taking ridiculously long for us to get any updates about this season whatsoever.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This HBO deal seems to have just sprung up out of the clear blue at the last minute, so that probably has affected when the new season will begin airing.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I hope we see a lot more of the Telly pairings this season like Telly and Oscar ,Telly and Baby Bear, Telly and Rosita. Rosita and Baby Bear were major characters in season 44 but then they hardly appeared at all in season 45. Also this is a little weird but I can't be the only one who ships Telly and Rosita,right?

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I hope we see a lot more of the Telly pairings this season like Telly and Oscar ,Telly and Baby Bear, Telly and Rosita. Rosita and Baby Bear were major characters in season 44 but then they hardly appeared at all in season 45. Also this is a little weird but I can't be the only one who ships Telly and Rosita,right?
In the CinderElmo DVD, Telly says with his hands on his heart that he loves Rosita.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This HBO deal seems to have just sprung up out of the clear blue at the last minute, so that probably has affected when the new season will begin airing.
I have a feeling that's the case as well. Okay... let's do some math here.

If next year is when Sesame Street goes half hour on PBS, it really seems likely that's when PBS gets the 9 month later for non-HBO subscribers treatment. So that means the earliest that HBO will air Sesame Street is... gulp February. Not a very long wait for the HBO airings, but a whole year and change from now for it to air on PBS. And that's assuming those will be the new episodes and not just reruns. Still really think they should have started airing season 46, already produced and just sitting in a hard drive somewhere, on PBS and not make the move until the HBO produced 47th season. I'm sure whatever pop culture reference based episodes will be stale by the time they air.

Status
Not open for further replies.