Does Kermit the Frog fit in The Muppets 2015 show?

Willard321

Reaction score
I have heard from many a source that there is no room for Kermit on a modern adult themed Muppet show. Do you agree or disagree?

Willard321

Reaction score
I've just heard some people say that Kermit is too old school to relate to a modern era, and that miss piggy fits in the modern era better as the main Muppet. I was just asking for an opinion, I think I got my answer!:smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No worries! But did these sources give some specifics?

Willard321

Reaction score
"Perhaps in 21st-century society, filled as it is with Kardashian selfies and Cyrus self-promotion, there really isn't a realistic place for a guy like Kermit. Piggy is the ethos of the age. Loud is good. Brash is better. And Kermit, having never been either, is a 21st-century nothing."

This is pretty specific :smile:

Willard321

Reaction score
"Perhaps in 21st-century society, filled as it is with Kardashian selfies and Cyrus self-promotion, there really isn't a realistic place for a guy like Kermit. Piggy is the ethos of the age. Loud is good. Brash is better. And Kermit, having never been either, is a 21st-century nothing."

This is pretty specific :smile:
Not my words :smile:

Iscah

Reaction score
Perhaps you could provide a source for that quote...?

Anyway, Kermit isn't the one hosting his own talk show, Piggy is. He's working quietly behind the scenes, except someone decided to make a documentary about him doing that...

And out in the real world? He's still a celebrity. Not a huge celebrity, but neither is Piggy.