We Bare Bears

Drtooth

Reaction score
Charlie's become my favorite secondary character on the show, and I hope the appearance is one of many more. You gotta love how he had that much confidence in the bears and was excited to see them clobber the wolves, even though Panpan thought otherwise.

Yesterday's episode had some great flashback moments in them. The bears thinking they can get a quality place to rent for whatever small amounts of cash they can find, being revolted by the apartment they probably couldn't afford either, and finally making their home where bears usually do. I hope to see more of these non-linear flash back episodes in the series. They give a real added punch to the story lines, just like in the burrito episode. Love how Griz warned the construction company that Panpan had maybe 6 followers.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So, the bears said they once lived in a cardboard box before setting up their cave. Were they abandoned as cubs or something?

mr3urious

Reaction score
I loved how Panpan resisted the idea being cute because of his sneeze (a reference to the viral vid of the sneezing baby panda) and attempted to take the fall in the Cute-Off so Nom Nom could win, but once Grizz says how cool he is for getting all this Internet fame, he goes for it anyway... only for it to eventually backfire.

snichols1973

Reaction score
So, the bears said they once lived in a cardboard box before setting up their cave. Were they abandoned as cubs or something?
According to the 5/17/2011 webcomic, the bears were apparently so overwhelmed by rejection and a state of unwantedness they actually dismissed their potential adopter, a nerdy, overweight man with a fanny pack; Baby Grizzly: "Maybe our standards are too high?", Baby Panda: "Nobody 'good' wants us.", Baby Ice Bear: "Depression, we meet again."

The Three Bare Bears: May 2011

The comic from 5/28/2011 involving the hitchhiker was adapted for "The Road" episode; this is one of the few episodes where Ice Bear doesn't speak, probably due to him being the youngest of the three cubs...

If you watch closely enough around the 9 1/2 minute mark when Ice Bear goes to rescue Panda from the shipping crate, you'll see Ice Bear rip the head off of a Fozzie-like stuffed toy whose mouth looks a bit like Baby Animal's...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's something. I was at a Kohls this weekend, and they usually have some 5 dollar book or plush assortment for charity. They have a generic animals based on some book series I've never heard of again.

It includes a panda and a polar bear, but frustratingly no brown grizzly bear.

OOOh... so close
(it was a giraffe and an elephant if you want to know)

I stacked the panda on a polar bear regardless. Hopefully someone will get the joke.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Here's something. I was at a Kohls this weekend, and they usually have some 5 dollar book or plush assortment for charity. They have a generic animals based on some book series I've never heard of again.

It includes a panda and a polar bear, but frustratingly no brown grizzly bear.

OOOh... so close
(it was a giraffe and an elephant if you want to know)

I stacked the panda on a polar bear regardless. Hopefully someone will get the joke.
Actually I think I read somewhere that there are making WBB figures which you can stack and unstack but I can remember where I saw it.

If I had that, I'd switch the order of the stack every week so PanPan can go to the mall and Ice Bear can chill in the meat freezer.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Did anyone else out there catch the Fozzie-like stuffed toy cameo reference from "The Road" episode (at about the 9 1/2 minute mark) when Ice Bear was looking for Panda?

snichols1973

Reaction score
Did anyone else out there catch the Fozzie-like stuffed toy cameo reference from "The Road" episode (at about the 9 1/2 minute mark) when Ice Bear was looking for Panda?

A few seconds later, Ice Bear Cub would use his claws to cut the head off the Fozzie-like toy....:eek:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Those bears should have been lucky they weren't guilt-tripped into donating a dollar to a starving third-world orphan that it may or may not get.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Another Charlie episode!

I really think this is the show's breakout character, even though the Bears are pretty breakouty themselves. It's obvious Griz feels sorry for him, while Panpan and Ice Bear can't seem to tolerate him. But Charlie really wants to get all the friends he can get and keeps them close. Boundary ignoringly close. Seeing him actually paired up with a random snake like that and slowly becoming friends was another great heart warming moment in this series. Jason Lee is having a ball playing this character (unlike a certain woodland creatures father).