You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Rich people and snobs like to eat caviar, which, as you may or may not know, is fish eggs - specifically, fish eggs that have yet to be hatched.

So, the fact that unborn fish babies are being consumed in such a manner, wouldn't that make the concept of eating caviar a form of fish abortion?
I just had another thought: one popular kind of caviar is beluga caviar. It's a good thing that whales are mammals and give birth rather than lay eggs, because otherwise, if this was essentially whale eggs that rich snobs were eating, then no wonder whales are an endangered species!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's just now occured to me: as far as Scientology is concerned, Tom Cruise is God Almighty.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, that's been common knowledge for years, now. Hence the South Park "Trapped in the Closet" episode.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In Back to the Future Part III, it's briefly shown that Buford Tannen had something against Seamus McFly, having previously told him not to come in the saloon. Now this is basically to repeat the scene from each film where a Marty hears a Tannen shouting "Hey, McFly!" only for it to turn out he's referring to somebody else (well Marty did know he was referring to his son in the second film), but isn't it a little weird that there's not really any scenes with Seamus and Buford? We never see or hear anything about Buford bullying Seamus, and Buford doesn't seem to care (if he notices at all) that Seamus is at the saloon during the climax. Of course in the film he's more focused on Marty and Doc. With the new Back to the Future comic books having stories about things not seen in the original trilogy, it would be great to see a Seamus McFly and Buford Tannen story showing their feud.

Though Seamus McFly is a bit different from George McFly and Marty McFly Jr. He doesn't seem to be a wimp, just somebody who doesn't really believe in violence or care what others think of him, so it was probably easy for him to get pushed around. It also seems like the majority of townspeople in 1885 didn't care if people called them cowards (though they were when Marty finally stood up to Buford, and when Marty decides he doesn't care anymore, the people in the saloon warn him about what people will say about him). That could be a generation thing, but also, the majority of characters in 1885 were adults, while in 1955, 1985, and 2015, most of the people Marty deals with (and those who Biff and Griff deal with) are closer to Marty's age, where they are more likely to care about if somebody is a chicken.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. That will probably pop up in the comic soon enough, I guess. The whole series is devoted to side stories and filling out concepts, so I'd say they'd get that story in eventually.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been noticing that Geico commercials are becoming more and more vague and putting less and less emphasis on what they actually do - for example, in their latest commercial, Gecko actually plugs a jewelry store chain at a beach wedding and mentions nothing about car insurance, but the ending voice-over still mentions that Geico saves you 15% or more on car insurance . . . so, I mean, what exactly was the commercial advertising? Wedding rings or car insurance?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's another odd commercial: it was for this new toy called Zoomer Kitty, of which the advertisement says it, "Responds to your voice and movements, just like a real kitty does." Really? I've never known any real cat to respond to anything a human says or does; what kind of cats are we talking about?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been seeing ads for Me-TV broadcasting the finale episode of M*A*S*H, where it's said that it's rarely been rebroadcast. Really? It may be two and a half hours long (and did it really warrant a finale that long? An hour, sure, 90 minutes, maybe, but two and a half hours???), but couldn't they have split it into five parts for syndication? I questioned this in a Facebook post and was told that the last episode was indeed not normally shown in reruns, not even cut up into multiple parts.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's not really two-and-a-half hours, it just ran that long including the commercial breaks; without commercials, it's about an even two hours (I have the DVD, so I've been able to see the display time). But the reason it's that long because they treated the finale as essentially a TV movie, and that may have something to do with why it's not split into multiple parts in syndication (though those hour-long season premiere episodes are usually split in two).

I don't know about rarely broadcast though - considering I've been a hardcore M*A*S*Her for ten years, I believe I've seen the finale broadcasted on TV at least half a dozen times: I know TV Land aired it when they picked up the show in 2007, then MeTV played it last year with new interviews with the cast and crew, and I've taped it off Hallmark Channel as well I know Hallmark's also aired a cut/butchered version of it at least once. I know it's usually skipped during regular rotation in syndication, but I'm not sure if it's really "rarely" broadcast.

snichols1973

Reaction score
The Lilo & Stitch soundtrack includes 7 Elvis Presley songs: Stuck On You, Suspicious Minds, Heartbreak Hotel, (You're the) Devil in Disguise, Hound Dog, Burning Love (covered by Wynonna), and Can't Help Falling in Love by A*Teens.

Another Elvis song, Little Sister, almost sounds like it belonged on the soundtrack, even though it wasn't included. If it were to be considered for inclusion, it seems like its ideal setting might be somewhere around the scene where Nani chases Lilo after Cobra Bubbles' first visit where he gives Nani three days to convince him that she can adequately provide a nurturing family environment for Lilo....