Mr.Snuffleupagus on Rachael Ray Show

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That's just so great to see Snuffy show up on a TV show to promote Sesame Street. :wisdom: I can't think of the last time (if ever) I've seen or heard of Mr. Snuffleupagus showing up on someone's show. So yeah- great news! Thanks for the link to his appearance. And it's good to know that ol' Snuff is still being used and still part of the Sesame Street cast. It kinda feels like he doesn't appear quite as much as he used to...but then, I haven't seen any new Sesame Street episodes in a while.
Yeah Snuffy usually only appears in about one or two episodes per season.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's just so great to see Snuffy show up on a TV show to promote Sesame Street. :wisdom: I can't think of the last time (if ever) I've seen or heard of Mr. Snuffleupagus showing up on someone's show. So yeah- great news! Thanks for the link to his appearance. And it's good to know that ol' Snuff is still being used and still part of the Sesame Street cast. It kinda feels like he doesn't appear quite as much as he used to...but then, I haven't seen any new Sesame Street episodes in a while.
Well, he did appear on GMA one year. Plus Marty said he's planning on being with the show for quite some time yet, so hopefully he'll be doing Snuffy and even Telly in more talk show appearances or whatever for many years to come.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, he did appear on GMA one year. Plus Marty said he's planning on being with the show for quite some time yet, so hopefully he'll be doing Snuffy and even Telly in more talk show appearances or whatever for many years to come.
I would really like Telly to make more talk show appearances but most shows only seem to get Elmo,Cookie or Grover and occasionally Big Bird or Rosita.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. It's weird when you think about it, since Telly's been on the show since 1979, (or 1978 actually if you count the year he was there as the Television Monster) yet he never got that much exposure for some reason other. I wonder why that is.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well I remember in an interview where they were at a ceremony with their Muppets, and some photographer trying to get pictures kept calling out at Telly, "Purple Elmo! Purple Elmo! Over here, Purple Elmo!" So he had Telly have a meltdown, "Oh, I'm the 'Purple Elmo'? Okay, well, don't forget Oscar over here, he's the 'Green Elmo,' and then here's Cookie Monster, he's the 'Blue Elmo'!"

But really, Marty seems to be really devoted to his family life, between doing SST regularly as well as training new puppeteers, perhaps he'd rather not have anything else cut into more of his family time than he wants to.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well I remember in an interview where they were at a ceremony with their Muppets, and some photographer trying to get pictures kept calling out at Telly, "Purple Elmo! Purple Elmo! Over here, Purple Elmo!" So he had Telly have a meltdown, "Oh, I'm the 'Purple Elmo'? Okay, well, don't forget Oscar over here, he's the 'Green Elmo,' and then here's Cookie Monster, he's the 'Blue Elmo'!"

But really, Marty seems to be really devoted to his family life, between doing SST regularly as well as training new puppeteers, perhaps he'd rather not have anything else cut into more of his family time than he wants to.
Yeah but it would still be nice for characters like Baby Bear and Telly to get more recognition.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Good to hear that Marty Robinson is committed to staying with Sesame Street for a while to come and hopefully keeping Snuffy and Telly making plenty of appearances. I'd love to see some more Baby Bear too- seems like I haven't seen him show up in a while either.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I think the reason why Baby Bear doesn't show up as much people might confuse him as Fozzie or Dave's more comfortable with Cookie.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

One thing I feel bad about regarding Marty is he never really had his own character. He inherited Telly from Brian Muehl and of course, Jerry Nelson and Michael Earl performed Snuffy before Marty came along. Slimey? Well, I think Jerry may have performed him originally.

But did he ever perform a character from the start? Maybe Oscar's other pets. (Ex: Spot, Fluffy) and his niece Irvine and of course there was Monty too, but he didn't last very long. Just something I've been curious about.