We Bare Bears

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Speaking of Charlie, how does he have an account on a house visiting website? He lives in the woods, where did he get the internet? Did he find someone's phone?

Otherwise, I loved that ep! The ending was so touching and Ice Bear's dancing was fun!

Looking forward to more Baby Bears soon! ❤❤❤

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
The new baby bears ep didn't seem to be a direct follow up to the previous baby bears, which surprised me. There doesn't seem to be a orderly narrative, otherwise the ep may have started with them in a box and getting in the pet shop or end with them winding their way to the desert in a box.

Still, it's keeping me intrigued as to where they are going with these. Of corse the ep was so adorable and the kids they got to play Baby Grizz and Baby Pan-Pan are absolutely fantastic and very funny.

Ice bear once again doesn't talk but we do see Grizz and Pan call him 'brother' instead of pronouns like they do as adults, which is fair enough since he can't tell them his name. I hope when they finally call him by his name it'll be super important.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The new baby bears ep didn't seem to be a direct follow up to the previous baby bears, which surprised me. There doesn't seem to be a orderly narrative, otherwise the ep may have started with them in a box and getting in the pet shop or end with them winding their way to the desert in a box.
I like how non-liner they are with the flashback episodes. If they made it a different, separate miniseries with a complete continuity, I don't think it would be as fun or as random as having a small peek behind how they got where they were in between the regular episodes. CN's shows, for the most part, are continuity heavy, as in they have an interconnecting storyline. Bears only has follow up episodes with characters established in previous episodes (so far). I really think that mixing up the Baby Bear episodes with regular ones keeps the show punchy and fresh. I'm not sure how mixed in the Baby Bear comic strips were in relationship to the other strips, but I have a feeling it was probably the same.

But those little Baby bears are adorable. I'm pretty sure Baby Griz is voiced by the same kid who played CatBug, adding to the cuteness factor. Baby Ice Bear hasn't started to talk yet, that's precious. And I really love how the episode ended with a blood is thicker than water deal. That they'd rather be on their own than without each other. Which is a great tie in to the previous episode, actually. Where they weren't too upset about not getting into a relationship with the woman Panpan met online because they have each other.

mr3urious

Reaction score
But those little Baby bears are adorable. I'm pretty sure Baby Griz is voiced by the same kid who played CatBug, adding to the cuteness factor.
I think the same kid is the voice for Blodger, the slime blob kid from Miles from Tomorrowland. They both speak like their mouths are full of saliva.

snichols1973

Reaction score
DrTooth said:
I'm pretty sure Baby Griz is voiced by the same kid who played CatBug, adding to the cuteness factor.
Sam Lavagnino is the voice of Young Grizz, while Duncan Joiner voices Young Panda.

Baby Ice Bear hasn't started to talk yet, that's precious. And I really love how the episode ended with a blood is thicker than water deal. That they'd rather be on their own than without each other. Which is a great tie in to the previous episode, actually. Where they weren't too upset about not getting into a relationship with the woman Panpan met online because they have each other.
In "Video Date", Grizz and Ice Bear start out by helping improve the shy Panda's conversational skills, only for hilarity to ensue when Grizz and Ice Bear paint themselves to be Panda's stand-ins, with Ice Bear and Grizzly developing crushes on Celine, turning the relationship from a love triangle to a "4-way crush" while Panda struggles to recover the relationship between him and Celine.

The "4-way crush" is reminiscent of "Panda's Date" featuring Lucy the produce girl....

mr3urious

Reaction score
It was so cute seeing Chloe trying to show Ice Bear a good time and failing. I also love how even though Chloe is a child prodigy, she still has those childlike attributes like getting the kitchen messy making PB&J.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I finally got a chance to see that episode, as I missed it and didn't get a chance to catch it until yesterday.

This show is just adorable, and I really love the expansion of friends and characters in the Bears' world. I really like how this was a day in the limelight for Ice Bear, a character who's silence and strangeness builds an interesting level of mystery about the character. Chloe was also great in this episode, getting depressed by the fact she can't connect with Ice Bear, but being determined to show him a fun time. I also like how Nikki Yang plays the mother, giving her more range than just playing quirky characters like BMO and Mabel's friend who's name escapes me at the moment.

Really looking forward to today's episode. I dunno why, but Ice Bear being forced to smile and say "cupcake" in his mismatching deadpan voice just cracked me up first time I saw the promo.

snichols1973

Reaction score
I also like how Nikki Yang plays the mother, giving her more range than just playing quirky characters like BMO and Mabel's friend who's name escapes me at the moment.
Candy Chiu from Gravity Falls?

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ice Bear was hilarious in this one. I had a feeling that the context would be that his boss would have him have to smile. The part where he got caught in the fountain was priceless. I especially like how Panda's portion of the job got out of hand, but they didn't resort to obvious I Love Lucy references in that one. He couldn't even manage the stickers. Another great episode about how hard it is for them to adapt in the human world.