Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
The next Sesame Street DVD is... UGH!!.... Another Elmo's World one.
I can understand why every DVD this year has been Elmo-themed, but to release yet another Elmo's World one? WHEN IS THIS WHOLE DARN STAGE GOING TO FINALLY COME TO AN END????!!!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought Elmo's World was finally put to rest, what, three or four years ago?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
@D'Snowth Despite that, they still think it's OK to continue re-releasing all the episodes on DVD...except for Transportation which for one reason or another STILL hasn't been released!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe because of music rights? I think "Linus and Lucy" is heard when Dorothy imagines Elmo flying a plane . . . but then again, they've done music replacement on DVD before, so that shouldn't be an issue.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe because of music rights? I think "Linus and Lucy" is heard when Dorothy imagines Elmo flying a plane . . . but then again, they've done music replacement on DVD before, so that shouldn't be an issue.
And I've read that they cut out "Happy Birthday" from video releases of the "Birthdays" episode, so it's not like they're against cutting content from Elmo's World.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Good news: According to Muppet Wiki, the Transportation episode will be included as a bonus feature on the Elmo Wonders DVD. Soon all Elmo's World segments will have been released on DVD!

And yet I get the feeling that we'll continue to get new Elmo's World DVDs every year...

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Good news: According to Muppet Wiki, the Transportation episode will be included as a bonus feature on the Elmo Wonders DVD. Soon all Elmo's World segments will have been released on DVD!
Well, I do have a lot of Elmo's World DVDs already (15 last time I checked), but the inclusion of "Transportation" has sold me on this one!

Why does the video say "Now available on DVD?" Odd...

Last edited: