The Muppets Episode 7 - Pig's in a Blackout

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig's in a Blackout"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

Votes: 46 92.0%
  • Bork bork! This episode was good.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Mee mee. This episode was so-so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
I thought the moment between Kermit and Rowlf was absolutely golden (especially Rowlf's invitation to chew on a shoe) but that was all squashed when the final scene of the show featured Kermit in his backyard singing "Rainbow Connection". The writers are doing a fantastic job!!! Love it! :smile:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This is my absolute favorite episode so far!! But like I said on another thread, the critics should have waited to judge the show because this week's and last week's episode have been great.Maybe the show dosen't need to be relaunched at all,maybe the show was getting better on its own.

Last edited:

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I am not ashamed to admit it, but I almost teared up when it showed Kermit and Rowlf at the piano. It took me right back to the muppet movie, and immediately followed by Rainbow Connection, man was that awesome. The writers really nailed this episode. This is the best muppet product I have seen in a LONG time. Hopefully, this is what we see in weeks to come.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
People are getting worked up over that?! That's hardly considered a swear word (even if you do consider it one, it's EXTREMELY mild compared to half of the words you can get away with saying on TV these days)!
It's also not the only time they cursed. Listen to what Rowlf says in this clip:

And more examples listed here:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Cursing_Muppets

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
Without a doubt the best episode yet. JimAndFrank summed things up so perfectly I don't have much to add but just a few things:

The only negative was Jason Bateman. Can't stand him and kept wishing he'd leave Kermit alone.

Sam still has his crush on Janice! Yay! He was on fire for sure. :wink:

Piggy's characterization from last week was kept! Double yay! She also wins funniest line of the night when she mentioned crows feat making men distinguished, but ending women's careers. Sad, but true. But the way she said it made me burst out laughing.

Rainbow Connection! SO. MANY. FEELS. :smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
I thought it was great! :flirt: & :attitude: possibly becoming a couple? Who'd a thunk it?
And :hungry: w/the butter? FUNNY stuff!
It was cute how Denise & :mad: were looking out for :smile:'s best interests (although to be honest, I thought there was going to be a big fight between the 2 pigs over who cared more for Kermie. ) But there wasn't.
The scene w/Rowlf & Kermit was cute. And the piece de resistance was Kermit singing "Rainbow Connection" Awwww!

mr3urious

Reaction score
Looks like the muppets. is really starting to get in the groove with these past few episodes, and this one is no exception. We have a great main plot with Kermit trying to relieve stress by taking the time off work only for it to fail, and a subplot (and once again, the only subplot) with Scooter finally getting a chance to go from gofer to leader only for it to fail for him as well. And I did like how they revisited Sam the Eagle's little crush on Janice, which I hope the writers get to explore in future episodes.

There was also an unusually high amount of slapstick as well, from Sweetums crashing his golf cart to Beaker getting frozen by a fallen air duct and later scalded by coffee. Not that it was a bad thing, mind you.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's nice to say that the last few episodes were "the best episode yet."

Without a doubt, this is where the show should have been all along. You know that they've got it right when the episode concept almost feels like it could have been an original Muppet Show episode. They added in the perfect balance of Muppet wackiness by not being too cartoonish with their disaster, letting characters show their classic best, and they showed Muppet heart without being sappy with Gonzo's pep talk to Scooter, Rowlf's pep talk to Kermit, and Kermit's classic solution to his stress problem. Seriously, Jason Bateman's annoying actions towards Kermit did wonders for the frog. He didn't need any of the New Age nonsense to be happy. He needed reminders of his old swamp.

And seriously, I knew that giant stick of butter was a good sign for the episode. It has been the funniest episode of the series so far without needing to rely on awkward jokes that, to be perfectly honest I was eh...barely alright with anyway. Bunsen and Beaker acting all Bunsen and Beakery? How about some more of that? This episode proved they can keep doing the show they're doing, and improvement slowly but surely came with each passing episode. Nice to see they kept the Janice and Sam thing going, so it's not just an awkward little side bit in one episode. So, continuity. Loved how Piggy was slightly more comfortable being around Denise, and loved even more how concerned she was about Kermie here.

Hopefully this episode is the AHA that the show needed and we'll go on to more slapstick that fits perfectly in a more grounded setting like this series. See? This is why I'm skeptical about the show getting a "retool." Seems that it's retooling itself quite nicely. Just keep up what made this episode great and discard what made the first 3 episodes awkward.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Loved it! We finally get the chaos we're used to from the Muppets! Poor Scooter though, I'm glad that Gonzo helped him out. The relationship between Sam and Janice is getting interesting. I don't think I liked any of the Jason Bateman parts, he really should've left Kermit be and work things out on his own. My favorite parts were Kermit and Rowlf's conversation and "Rainbow Connection", totally reminiscent of The Muppet Movie!

As for Miss Piggy and Denise, I think there was some tension starting in between the two. Impending cat fight? We'll see.

I actually didn't mind Rowlf swearing. I don't know what some people are worried about. As long as the language doesn't get too racy, I won't mind it.