Questions about anything

Drtooth

Reaction score
If it's supposed to be football season, then why is everything on TV being preempted by baseball right now?
That's the baseball post-season. It's all leading up to the World Series.

Schfifty

Reaction score
A question. Does anyone know of a device that transfers old cassette tapes into an MP3 file or at least a CD so I can download it onto my computer? I have an old cassette filled with personal recordings and I'm trying to figure out how to get it on my computer to share with the net.
I can't think of a device that directly transfers from cassettes, but there's a method that I use to digitalize old cassettes. I use Elgato Video Capture and Sony Sound Forge, and how that works is I have a cassette player connected to the Elgato USB/RCA connector via RCA cable (or just a red/white cable), stick a cassette in the player, then I open both the Elgato Video Capture and Sound Forge programs, go to the recording screen in E.V.C, press Play on the cassette player, and then record the audio in Sound Forge. Then I save the file on Sound Forge as an MP3. I don't recording anything on the Elgato software.

That's my method. You can also extract in other formats with the two programs as well, like records. You'd need a record player or turntable instead of a cassette player for that.

Schfifty

Reaction score
There's a really cool '80s sound effect which sounds like a rapidly ascending synthesizer. Does anyone know what that sound is called, or how it's made? I've been dying to know what it is or how you make that sound. It's found in The Alphabet Game (when the cookie slices light up), in the theme song to the 1984 French hip hop show H.I.P. H.O.P, and also in "Postman Pat's ABC" from 1990.

(it's at the 21:45 mark)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why does Melissa McCarthy have to have her own home shopping show?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, and something else: why did Jimmy Kimmel get another new set when he just got a new set a few years ago? His current new set is terrible: looks like he's been downgraded to doing his show from some kind of bunker.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Disregard my previous post, I guess that new set was a temporary thing.

But anyway, how is butt-dialing even possible to do when screens only recognize the touch of human flesh? If you can't get anything to work if your fingers are covered in fabric (like gloves), how can your cloth-covered butt manage to dial a number?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Disregard my previous post, I guess that new set was a temporary thing.

But anyway, how is butt-dialing even possible to do when screens only recognize the touch of human flesh? If you can't get anything to work if your fingers are covered in fabric (like gloves), how can your cloth-covered butt manage to dial a number?
Some people really know how to use their brains. 8)