MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i defintely agree. instead of just not trying, the moderators, phillip chapman, and all of us should come together as muppet fans and set this up ourselves. we can book the classic and/or current performers, prop guys, creature shop designers, etc. theres tons of convetions all over, some for the most ridiculous things! and they're successful. i go to horror conventions all the time, the actors, vendors, promoters, venue make a lot of money, very successful. and thats why they keep happening.

im gonna start a petition. for another muppetfest. and do whatever i can. WHOS IN?

please this can be amazing. let the people who missed it, experience it.

:crazy: :big_grin: :sing:

beaker

Reaction score
Beaker4Presidnt said:
i cant believe i missed the one in 2001. i found out about it years ago and was so upset i didnt know. was that the only one?

WILL THERE EVER BE ANOTHER ONE?

and if not, we should team up and SET ONE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good to see people with a passion and enthusiasm for such a thing! Aw yes, 3.4 years ago(and 50 pounds heavier)...Muppetfest was something else. After all of us on Muppet Central from 1998 thru 2000 talking about having a fan get together...fooom! One day I'm logging onto MC(june 6th 2001) and the announcement was made. A truly incredible thing, if only there could be another.

Now there was spose to be another one in march of 2003 tentatively. Palisades even had an exclusive animal planned for it, but it never happened.

I know Disney has had Star Wars weekends, I wonder if they might someday have a Muppet themed one. That's about as close to another MF as it'll get. Either way, I will certainly be there! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
*ender doomsayer stage left*

It ain't going to happen. Get real.

*exit doomsayers into pits of eternal pessimism*

unclematt

Reaction score
Lets try and keep this dream alive. Tell me how to start a petition and I ill do it. :smile:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
If 30,000+ people can't get FR on DVD by now, you think a petition is going to put an extremely costly convention into the works?

I'm sorry, its just too much to even dream about. It would be more worthwhile to petition to the Disney Co. to have one of those mentioned theme days (a la the Star Wars weekend at MGM Studios).

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Simple economics; cost of production (in this case, the convention) vs. projected returns. Disney, like all corporations, does not want to lose money.

If the petition was HUGE (ie. 100,000-200,000 signatures), it might turn a few heads. But it just isn't a practicle thing to shoot for. I don't mean to be the somber voice of logic or anything, but I like achievable goals and dreams.

But hey, who knows. I would be thrilled to the gills if I were proven wrong and there actually were another convention.

Status
Not open for further replies.