Most Effective Muppet Commercials (1970s-2006)

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
Growing up in the new Muppet generation, I liked Kermit's Ford Escape Hybrid commercial since I kept begging my parents for a hybrid since, and prior to Disney's full buyout, the Pizza Hut commercials.

But there are any older Muppet commercials that were effective for you? I'm not talking the many 50s and 60s proto-Muppet commercials, I'm talking the regular Muppets from SST/TMS up to Kermit's Escape Hybrid endorsements.

What Muppet ads made you want to buy something?

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I've always liked Pizza Hut, even before the Muppets started doing ads for them, but I do think they make me like Pizza Hut even more. Thinking back to that one ad with Miss Piggy singing about the pizza with the cheese bite crust (as a parody of "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'") already has me craving them again... their stuffed crust is great, but those cheesy bites are even better!

I did not know that Piggy had also endorsed Baked Lay's chips, but that was when I was too little to remember. Before I learned about those ads on Muppet Wiki, I always thought the baked Frito-Lay snacks were great -- in most cases even tastier than the regular thing, oh, but if only they came in bags as big as the regular thing! -- but once again, the Muppets make me respect 'em even more. Throw a muppet onto anything and I'll approve of it. Their charm and wit is irresistible, and has been since the 50s!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, speaking for the "proto-Muppets" for a sec, to this day my Dad fondly recalls the La Choy Dragon, lol.

But for my generation, probably this Muppets Babies tie in with McDonald's. This instantly brings back all the Happy Meal excitement, lol.

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
But for my generation, probably this Muppets Babies tie in with McDonald's. This instantly brings back all the Happy Meal excitement, lol.

I forgot about the Dairy Queen Kids Meal Muppet Babies from 1999. I actuallly wanted to go to DQ and managed to finally get one during the promotion.....

That was effective.

Plus the parody Alpha-Bits cereal (Kap'n Alphabet) from Muppets from Space rushed me to buy Post Alpha-Bits! Talk about unintended product placement!

jobi71

Reaction score
Well, speaking for the "proto-Muppets" for a sec, to this day my Dad fondly recalls the La Choy Dragon, lol.

Getting even further off track your signature line from WKRP is, in my opinion, one of the funniest lines from one of the funniest episodes ever.

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
I almost forgot the 50 state quarters commercial in 1999!