Big Bird and The Count on Funny or Die (Video)

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Look at this video. Caroll just stands off to the side:
At the begining of the video we see him with his harness and wearing Big Bird's legs,we also see him with the bird suit on at the end of the video. So he's evidently still puppeteering the bird. He probaby is playing Oscar less often as the trash can is pretty cramped and uncomfortable.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
At the begining of the video we see him with his harness and wearing Big Bird's legs,we also see him with the bird suit on at the end of the video. So he's evidently still puppeteering the bird. He probaby is playing Oscar less often as the trash can is pretty cramped and uncomfortable.
I'm pretty sure he just did that to show Jenna how it works.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
But he wouldn't do it when Mr. Rogers asked him to back in the day. That's weird. But I guess after a few decades he probably changed his mind. Lol.

I think I saw somebody say that he just does the voices now. I'm not sure if that was just an assumption or if there's a source for it.
Yeah. I think that's what I heard. Carroll's voice is still heard as BB and Oscar, so I think he's still active in that regard.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But he wouldn't do it when Mr. Rogers asked him to back in the day. That's weird. But I guess after a few decades he probably changed his mind. Lol.
Mister Rogers asked Caroll to do it for his show so kids could see how Big Bird really works, but Caroll didn't want to ruin the magic of it for kids, and Mister Rogers agreed; here, Caroll's doing it for a newsmagazine show that adults watch.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Look at this video. Caroll just stands off to the side:
Still, that's just a little footage showing him doing that (which could have been for any reason), no specific confirmation that he no longer does the puppeteering (though Caroll and Matt do have their own Big Bird costumes, if we only saw the one Matt used then that would confirm it).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Mister Rogers asked Caroll to do it for his show so kids could see how Big Bird really works, but Caroll didn't want to ruin the magic of it for kids, and Mister Rogers agreed; here, Caroll's doing it for a newsmagazine show that adults watch.
Oh, okay. I get it now.