The Wander over Yonder Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
I feel like this is long overdue. I think this is Craig McCracken's finest show since The Powerpuff Girls. You've just gotta love the concept of a banjo-plucking space hippie with a need to help others (often at his own expense) traveling across various acid-colored galaxies with his trusty snarky steed, at odds with a dictator who rejects any bit of kindness thrown his way.

I really like how this show is able to smack us with emotional twists with some of the episodes, like one of the recent ones "The Wanders" where Sylvia has to round up all of Wander's multiple personalities to get him back to his old self, including the ones she wish she could do without. Or the entirety of "The Little Guy" with one of Lord Hater's henchmen getting left behind and W&S pretending to be his prisoners just to get him to reunite with Hater.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly thought there was one for Wander. Hmmm.

Wander is why I'm grateful for Phineas and Ferb. If it wasn't for that cartoon series, Disney wouldn't have bothered reinvigorating their TV animation line up after bombing the heck out of it in 2005.

Out of all the second season episodes, the one that I personally think sticks out was "The Fremergency Fronfact." The one where Hater is so bombed on dental anesthetic that he willingly hangs out with Wander. For a brief moment Wander gets exactly what he always wanted:

until he realizes that it isn't a fair deal under these circumstances. But not before goading stoned Hater into lending helping hands, even going so far as changing the theme song to "Doo doo doodoo doo doo doo doo, Hater makes it Better."

And of course, its episode pairing "The Boy Wander" where the only real evil Wander has even known strikes, and is voiced by Weird Al, who even gets a polka number in.

And in an homage I've been waiting for the entire series thus far, General Peepers ends the episode (mind who his voice actor is) by saying "Looks like the Day is saved, thanks to Wander."

mr3urious

Reaction score
I honestly thought there was one for Wander. Hmmm.
I don't think there is.

And of course, its episode pairing "The Boy Wander" where the only real evil Wander has even known strikes, and is voiced by Weird Al, who even gets a polka number in.
I forgot to mention that, too.

Yeah, I'm glad Weird Al got some more use out of Disney after being in Gravity Falls. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seems that any time they need a guy to voice a wacky character, evil or otherwise, they'll either go with Weird Al or Paul Reubens. Not that I'm complaining at all. Seems more of the Weird Al cameos are more tailor made for him. Especially MLP, Uncle Grandpa, and this one.

But yeah, he's been in a lot lately. MAD, Word Girl... even Teen Titans Go, which marks one of the few times I'm genuinely looking forward to an episode.

C to the J

Reaction score
It's about time somebody started this thread!

You know, I once watched a Sesame Street episode of Jack Be Nimble going to the movies and was looking forward to hearing the voice of Wander, Jack McBrayer, who played the usher. When he came up, I felt giddy preparing to imagine Wander doing the talking. It's that one voice I instantly recognize from other sources (Irving from Phineas and Ferb, Wo-Hop in Kung Fu Panda Holiday, Fix-It Felix Jr., etcetra).

I've seen the trailer for season 2 (most of it being in animatic form) showing what's in store for new episodes. Already, I've seen a few moments used on TV (e.g. "What the matter? Seeing stars?"), and what I'm looking forward to is the part where Hater goes, "AAAAH! Animation is so hard! People who do this for a living deserve more credit and respect!" The way Keith Ferguson executes this line really pleases me.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I loved how Little Bits the kitten mercenary was brought back in last night's episode, and how she moved to making Internet videos to destroy the world with her cuteness. And Hater partying with Emperor Awesome only to ditch him when he picks on Commander Peepers for being a nerd.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The episode about the evil soul-sucking black cube whose life was down in the dumps until Wander and Sylvia came along to inspire him to be happy was pretty darn powerful. The part where he saved one of the punk kids from drowning by sucking out his soul because he didn't want to be rescued by him otherwise, only for him and the whole townsfolk to burn the Cube at the stake over that misunderstanding and causing him to freak out and attempt to devour all their souls was especially gut-wrenching, though it was Sylvia (who distrusted the Cube the most at first) who stepped in to call the townsfolk out over it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just for a side by side comparison...

Here's the title cards for The Matchmaker

and the Weirdness bubbles from Weirdmageddon

Hmmm...

Gender Swapping? Oldsy Timesy? Live action voice actor cameos? Even managed to do a Japanese one (GF's anime style, Za Kaijiu in WOY). I'm sure those are obvious places for them both to go as far as jokes, but you can't help but think they're both coincidental.

C to the J

Reaction score
Looks like the episode, "The Cartoon," will be on tomorrow night. And it seems to me that my favorite Lord Hater quote, which I think is the funniest and most logical thing ever said in the history of cartoons, will be included. And if that's not enough to make Wander Over Yonder the most recommended show in this decade, I don't know what is.

mr3urious

Reaction score
"The Black Hole" was a great episode showing Wander's descent into boredom, madness, and hunger as he is forced to keep his finger in the black hole. Also loved seeing Hater take advantage of that and being an a-hole to him, as he's good at doing.