11-18-1985: A day that changed Sesame Street Forever

Where were you when Snuffy was revealed ?

• Daycare

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why does the internet have so many pointless polls ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One thing I like about the article is Michael Davis addresses something that I've brought up before: it seemed like sometimes the adults could be downright mean to Big Bird about Snuffy at times, some of them moaning, "I sure am sick of hearing about your imaginary friend, why don't you stop believing in him when he's not real?" They always emphasized the imaginary friend part unnecessarily, and made them sound a little mean and condescending.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
One thing I like about the article is Michael Davis addresses something that I've brought up before: it seemed like sometimes the adults could be downright mean to Big Bird about Snuffy at times, some of them moaning, "I sure am sick of hearing about your imaginary friend, why don't you stop believing in him when he's not real?" They always emphasized the imaginary friend part unnecessarily, and made them sound a little mean and condescending.
Yes,and I think Olivia was one of the worst out of all of them and also David who repeatedly laughed at Big Bird when he mentioned Snuffy.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I was seventeen when this episode aired. I was a high school senior getting ready for college, going steady, holding down a part time job, and playing in a band on weekends. So Sesame was on the back burner for me, I had to put down the duckie for a while, as life kept me busy enough.

It was sometime in college when I finally found out Snuffy was revealed. See what happens when you miss a few years?

But Snowthy's is right, the grownups could get downright hostile at Big Bird's claims of Snuffy's existence. I'm glad the matter was finally put to rest, and they all had to sheepishly apologize to Bird for not believing him. A humbling experience for all of them.

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
Well, that was a great moment in history.....kinda reminds me of the Jabba The Hutt controversy that George Lucas started with the Special Editions.

And to go even more off-track...........

Sad the show SpongeBob Squarepants refuses to reveal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula. Is it really going to upset Nickelodeon executives and lose them money if they do? Does it contractually imply that they can't?'

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Yes,and I think Olivia was one of the worst out of all of them and also David who repeatedly laughed at Big Bird when he mentioned Snuffy.
I agree with you on that. Considering her behavior in the Season 15 premiere, that laugh she let out in the Season 10 premiere when David thought he heard Snuffy... Olivia probably was the worst of them all for sure.

With that factor in mind...it would be interesting if there was an episode where SHE met Snuffy. Let's say she got the news and wouldn't believe what she was hearing and ultimately got forced to go to wherever he was at the moment...and much to her surprise he'd be there!

But yes, David was almost as mean. Thinking back to that montage shown at the beginning of 2096, there's a clip where he asks Big Bird, "Are you sure you don't need an imaginary dime to call your imaginary friend?" I mean... Ouch!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I agree with you on that. Considering her behavior in the Season 15 premiere, that laugh she let out in the Season 10 premiere when David thought he heard Snuffy... Olivia probably was the worst of them all for sure.

With that factor in mind...it would be interesting if there was an episode where SHE met Snuffy. Let's say she got the news and wouldn't believe what she was hearing and ultimately got forced to go to wherever he was at the moment...and much to her surprise he'd be there!

But yes, David was almost as mean. Thinking back to that montage shown at the beginning of 2096, there's a clip where he asks Big Bird, "Are you sure you don't need an imaginary dime to call your imaginary friend?" I mean... Ouch!
Hey wait a second,where was Olivia when all of this was going on?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maria had some bad moments too, such as Episode 536 where the gang is playing Follow the Leader with David, after they finish the game, Big Bird remarks, "it would have been a lot more fun if my friend Mr. Snuffleupagus was here." You can hear Maria in the background moaning, "oh come on, I don't want to hear about this Snuffleupagus anymore!"

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Maria had some bad moments too, such as Episode 536 where the gang is playing Follow the Leader with David, after they finish the game, Big Bird remarks, "it would have been a lot more fun if my friend Mr. Snuffleupagus was here." You can hear Maria in the background moaning, "oh come on, I don't want to hear about this Snuffleupagus anymore!"
Well she seemed to at least feel bad about it later,much much later,and eventually was one of the first adults to believe in Snuffy.