Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode VII coming in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
It's disappointing that the Rebels merch is being pushed to the side before its second season begins. I've noticed some Force Awakens brand merchandising has a couple characters from the show here and there. Hero Mashers has a Zeb and a Kanan in the line up at least. Disney had these nice Star Wars figure sets, one for each of the original trilogy, and they cleared them out to which they disappeared completely. Don't see why these couldn't have stayed on the shelves for just a bit longer before these toys popped up.
I agree.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
has anyone on here read some of the Journey To The Force Awakens books? I read Aftermath and Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!! and I am more then half way through Lost Stars and I love that as well!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's very hard to remain spoiler free with this one. I get that they were trying to keep that hype going, but I can't help but think they were a little too soon with the merchandise.

Anyway, while I've been a little disappointed that Star Wars Detours has been shelved until further notice initially, I'm glad they still run the Lego Star Wars cartoons, which are much funnier than the Detours previews have been. Droid Tales managed to even sneak in just a bit of Rebels into C3-PO's stories. The recent one featured Lando, and like C3-PO, they were able to get the original actor back to play him. Lego Star Wars episodes mostly use Canadian voice actors (like much of Lego's TV shows), but has Tom Kane from Clone Wars as Yoda and Anthony Williams as 3PO. And apparently, now Billy Dee Williams who also reprises his role in the Rebels series. Darn cartoon makes me wish the sets weren't so expensive. All I got is a Bosk Lego Keychain.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Loved the trailer, the night it debuted With MNF I bought Tickets to the Movie for December 18th 10:00AM so First I will hit Breakfast with my Family and then get on Line. I got my Confirmation from Fandango the night I bought the Ticket's on the 19th of October and I just picked up my tickets from the Kiosk at the theater today!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just swiped my credit card at the Kiosk and out popped my Tickets, I am in Auditorium 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have a feeling the movie already made back most of its budget on advance ticket sales alone. It already broke records... and websites!

Now I'm kinda afraid to go see this thing only to have any showings already sold out. I'm kinda worried I might have to wait a week to see this one at least.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score

Japanese version of TFA last Trailer, I like It more then the one we got on the 19th, The one from the 19th was good but this is better!!!!!!!!!!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even George Lucas is now complaining how there's too much corporate influence and interference in Hollywood, taking away any enjoyment that movie-making could bring from a creative standpoint.

Why can't we take a hint from other countries that still make movies and such for the sake of the art itself, and not about making money?

Drtooth

Reaction score
He is no position to comment. Sit down, George. Lol

Hmmmmm.... I'll say this. Lucas ruined the prequels and the original trilogy as far as Special Editioning goes of his volition. There was no corporate influence in making Jar Jar and the racist as heck Trade feds with bad Chinese accents. And if anyone looks at what the original films could have been like (Jewish stereotype C3-PO...eek), he kinda had these bad ideas all along. So it's not Hollywood execs ruining his films, it's an inside job. The original films were great because of collaboration he wasn't willing to have since the late 90's. It was becoming an old perfectionist fuddy duddy that ruined both sets of films, so basically he comes off hypocritical here.

Then again, considering that he sold to Disney and gave the money for charity, he's getting a nice second life as an altruist, which is great.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So it's not Hollywood execs ruining his films, it's an inside job.
Oh I know. I'm just saying he's in no position to comment on an absence of creativity or greed.

he's getting a nice second life as an altruist
Uh huh. I doubt he's hurting from his charity work so, yawn. Just don't give us any more "Special" Editions and we're good. Oh and say hi to Marcia for me. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.