What made you roll your eyes today thread?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I doubt it's the case with her, considering she was the most overrated/overused actress in Hollywood till Jennifer Lawrence came along and dethroned her (before Amy Schumer came along and dethroned her).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have you ever been in a situation where you're trying to communicate with someone, and even when you try speak their "language" (I'm being metaphorical), whatever you say still goes right over their heads?

Schfifty

Reaction score
Have you ever been in a situation where you're trying to communicate with someone, and even when you try speak their "language" (I'm being metaphorical), whatever you say still goes right over their heads?
I guess you had to talk to somebody who speaks a foreign language today? Or maybe you had an OS problem and it can't decipher what you're commanding? I don't really get the metaphorical part.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Naw, by "language," I mean using terminology that the person should seemingly be familiar with - like, say, trying to speak to a Briton or a Canadian and you're using British or Canadian colloquialisms in the conversation. In this case, although the person I was trying to communicate with is American, they're very much a Japanophile, and I used a common Japanese term in a statement I made, and even that went over their head (like half of the time I try to banter with this person).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I spent hours trying to find out what was wrong with my scanner, and then I found out it was one of Windows' stupid forced updates that ruined it.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Meghan Trainor out of all people just came out with a new song for The Peanuts Movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why do kids movies put more emphasis on their soundtracks and the artists who recorded for them than the movie itself?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
How some people, like clockwork, get their iPods taken away for disobeying their parents.
You would think after the first, fifth, or maybe even NINTH time, logic would prevail:

"Hmmmm... if I keep misbehaving, my iPod goes bye-bye. Maybe I should wise up".
Maybe the person in question should take a good hard look at who they're getting mad at.
Is it their dad for taking the iPod away? Or is it them for allowing it to happen, especially after this is far from the first time, and aware of what the consequences would be?

Or maybe it's a desperate way to get attention.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
How some people, like clockwork, get their iPods taken away for disobeying their parents.
You would think after the first, fifth, or maybe even NINTH time, logic would prevail:

"Hmmmm... if I keep misbehaving, my iPod goes bye-bye. Maybe I should wise up".
Maybe the person in question should take a good hard look at who they're getting mad at.
Is it their dad for taking the iPod away? Or is it them for allowing it to happen, especially after this is far from the first time, and aware of what the consequences would be?

Or maybe it's a desperate way to get attention.
I think I know who you're talking about; it's someone on this particular forum... (But not me lol)