Sesame Street Season 46 Press Kit; HBO premiere set for Saturday January 16, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

123Sunny

Reaction score
That video is private :frown:
but I bet it's gonna be good!

123Sunny

Reaction score
Now that there's going to be a new superhero segment (Smart Cookies is a superhero segment, right?) I guess Super Grover 2.0 and Cookie's Crumby Pictures are gone.
I liked those, especially Cookie's Crumby Pictures. I like parodies a lot. I'm sure the new stuff will be great to though.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I've been suspecting age discrimination for a long time. The kids watching the show never said "Oh I hate Bob and Gordon because they're too old". Just a few years ago Gordon was in like half the episodes every season,kids seemed to really like him,then all of a sudden they start shoe horning Chris into every single episode and Gordon's only in like two freakin' episodes in Season 45. Almost the same thing happened to Maria and is happening to Gina despite the fact that all of the cast members are very available. We know they are available because Maria,Gordon and Gina were in the backround for a bunch of episodes last season but didn't say a word.Also Bob McGrath has expressed how much he would like to be in more episodes but the writers just don't write for him much anymore. I don't really understand the Gina thing,if it is about age,because Alison is only in her forties,almost ten years younger then Alan(who is also in almost every episode). And don't even get me started on Susan,she's gotten the worst treatment out of any of the cast members,at least Bob usually gets to talk unlike Susan who's almost always just an extra.
Hmm. Now I'm starting to suspect that Sonia's retirement wasn't voluntary or on her own terms: SW's got a new staff, all these changes are happening, Joey left because he didn't agree with them scaling back on the Muppets. . . . what you bet Sonia's departure was over age discrimination? That's a very common problem in show business: older women lose work in favor of younger, hotter girls. What do you bet that's what really happened? The new SW staff decided Maria's too old, so they got rid of her and are bringing in this younger Latina in her place? That's what it's smelling like.

If all of this is true, then I truly worried for the future of Sesame Street.

I'm all for the changing of the guard, but not like this if it's disrespectful to the show's long history.

What's going to happen when the show reaches 50 ?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Now that there's going to be a new superhero segment (Smart Cookies is a superhero segment, right?) I guess Super Grover 2.0 and Cookie's Crumby Pictures are gone.
"Smart Cookies" seems more like a secret agent thing, not superheros. Seeing as though not every episode features a Smart Cookies segment, I can see it alternating with SG 2.0 re-runs.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I hope not as I get a laugh out of the Cookie's Crumby pictures shorts.

DePingPong

Reaction score
For anyone interested, the SS YouTube channel posted Season 46 highlights which includes the theme song, another video which is Elmo and Abby as BooBoo Busters, and finally a video of the Season 46 closing theme

Drtooth

Reaction score
This one?

There's a whole bunch of preview videos, actually.

Somehow that feels like an ETM segment...

And most importantly, here's a full episode of "Smart Cookies."

So far, I'm actually liking this better than Crumby Pictures. I really like the cookie designs here. A Fig Newton Muppet. Wow.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
"Smart Cookies" looks really neat; lookin' forward to it! I wonder who'll take over for the Fig Newton character, since it's Joey (if they continue making these segments).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oh my gosh.
THE CRUMB:"Hello,I'm an invited guest who likes to sneak into parties through the wall"
COOKIE:"Hmm,Well that not sound shady at all!
Best line ever. Also really happy Jen Barnhart is performing on the show more this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.