Sesame Street Season 46 Press Kit; HBO premiere set for Saturday January 16, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I wonder what other Muppet mothers we'll see, since at least I saw Grover's and Cookie's mom. Also I wonder if theirs a father's day episode coming next season?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also really happy Jen Barnhart is performing on the show more this year.
Seems she's taking on more female character roles since Fran's retirement. Nice to see she has more than a couple characters and the occasional incidental.

"Smart Cookies" looks really neat; lookin' forward to it! I wonder who'll take over for the Fig Newton character, since it's Joey (if they continue making these segments).
This one has a lot more potential than Crumby Pictures has. While I was initially a bit disappointed to hear that segment was discontinued, I have to admit it was very hit or miss. You could either have something as strong as Star Smores or as annoyingly weak as the Harry Potter cookie matching game. This segment looks like it's accomplishing the same things for problem solving sake, but not obnoxiously repeating them multiple times. As long as the segments are all as strong as this one, this is going to be a great segment.

I've noticed also in the clips provided it seems that the main focus of this season will be kindness. Wonder what study they read made them have to think that up.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
I hope Telly makes a few appearances. Didn't see him at all :frown:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This is really upsetting. When someone on Facebook asked Emilio Delgado if he was going to be a part of the Thanksgiving parade, this is what he had to say:

"I would like to say yes, but this year most of the original cast members were not invited to be on the float. So, instead of going out at 6 in the morning this year to get in the parade line-up, I'll get to sleep in, then watch the parade from the comfort of my home! Thanks for asking & Happy Thanksgiving to you too!"

Last edited:

ssetta

Reaction score
I went onto the HBO Kids website to see exactly what would be airing, and it says that the new episodes will air on Saturday and "new and past episodes" will be airing on HBO Family daily. I just don't know how far back it will be going.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It happens. When I was an intern at PBS ten years ago, we used to have both live people and puppets in the studio for the pledge drives we used to do - I was a puppeteer for the last three pledge drives we did, but the live people were veterans who had been on-air personalities since I was a kid . . . but then, during our last pledge drive, they were all pretty much being phased out, and instead, they brought in a group of teenagers for on-air duties - the higher ups at the station said it was because they wanted to show that kids actually care about what they watch and that they support PBS. By that time, we were losing pledges and they were pulling all kinds of last resorts to try to boost slumping pledges.

Schfifty

Reaction score
This is really upsetting. When someone on Facebook asked Emilio Delgado if he was going to be a part of the Thanksgiving parade, this is what he had to say:

"I would like to say yes, but this year most of the original cast members were not invited to be on the float. So, instead of going out at 6 in the morning this year to get in the parade line-up, I'll get to sleep in, then watch the parade from the comfort of my home! Thanks for asking & Happy Thanksgiving to you too!"
Aww, that's really disappointing... Well, at least he gets to watch this year.

Is it known if any of the older cast members actually plan to be on the float? I think it'd be a little hard not to see any them in the parade, especially Bob, Roscoe, Loretta and even Emilio. They're like the cream of the crop of original cast members.

Status
Not open for further replies.