Any Bronies on here?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Countess Coloratura (Rara for short) was a well-researched parody of Lady Gaga, not only in her eccentric shock pop character but also in her humble piano pop roots where she is a much more talented performer outside of that. I also love how the writers didn't go with the old cliché of Rara being an a-hole whose fame went to her head, but rather it was her manager Svengallop riding on her coattails and acting in such a way. Also appropriate in that he looks and sounds like Andy Dick. :big_grin:

beatnikchick300

Reaction score

My Fluttershy beanie baby (and me; my face is obscured). I got her in March and regret NOTHING.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
It was great to see Discord back, and it was great to see Twilight losing her mind at a level approaching her amazing freakout in "It's About Time". She experiences a fit of jealousy when she sees him hanging out with the others and laughing at inside jokes while she and Spike were stuck at home re-organizing books for 3 days, and assumes that Discord must have brainwashed them into being his friend, only he really didn't. The others even call her out on her paranoid behavior when she goads them into drinking a potion to break the "spell".

And I loved how Discord's dressing up as Bob Ross was called back on near the end to show that his getting Twilight to admit to being jealous was just a "happy accident". And how Discord may have been a bit of a jerk by not letting Twilight know that her friends wanted her to join them, though not intentionally as he didn't want to interrupt her during that time.
Well, I love "The Return of Harmony Part one and part two, but... I did finally watch "What About Discord" and I would say this episode was alright. I will have to rewatch this. I may not have to mention this, but honestly Twilight is like Picard and Discord as Q from Star Trek: The Next Generation. I know this sounds cliche, but that is what I imagine.

(sighs) I'll rewatch "What About Discord" again... I guess.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The movie will be set for November 3, 2017, just before the rebooted Grinch movie and Pixar's Coco, and in the same spot that Dreamworks was planning its Croods sequel before it got pushed back to December. No dump months for this, thank Celestia.

Hopefully, there will be a large enough audience of bronies and families with little girls to support it.

Last edited:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Anyone else see the two-part season 5 finale? It was pretty darn epic, especially seeing one of the bad futures where they have all the ponies fighting a war, and Rainbow Dash has battle scars and a mechanical wing! You know, for little girls!
And I have a feeling Starlight Glimmer will be part of the main cast next season considering that she reformed in the end and will apparently become Twilight's apprentice.

And on that subject, anyone else catch wind of Filly Funtasia? It's a show slated next year based on a German knockoff brand of MLP called Filly. But the show itself seems to be doing enough of its own thing to distinguish itself from that. For example, it takes place in a magic school, and the core cast has two male ponies, ironically enough. Plus, it looks like the studio spent a good amount on the animation, as it looks really slick for TV-quality CG.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pegasisters is the preferred term. Probably not spelt right, but you get the idea.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The two-part premiere was a nice focus on Starlight Glimmer and her reluctance to reunite with her childhood friend who went off to study magic all of a sudden, largely because of all the atrocities she committed last season. I liked the reveal that Sunburst, as her friend is named,
didn't really go on to great things and was equally as reluctant to admit it to Starlight

Oh yeah, Cadance & Shining Armor's baby is an alicorn, which is unusual as ponies normally have to earn their alicorn status through some extraordinary deed like Twilight did.