Your Thoughts: Half-hour Sesame Street begins on PBS September 1, 2014

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Then I guess this version may not be on in PA for whatever reason, but at least I'll see season 45 when it starts next week.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. I see it in the TV listings. I think I see what went on there. When I looked under "Sesame Street" I just found the episode descriptions were of repeat episodes. But I noticed some new ones airing the 15th along with the new eps of the regular SS. So I see where I was confused there. The only trouble is that my local stations sort of changed the format. They used to be on more than once a day, but now that doesn't seem the case. I'm hoping to see some eps of both the half-hour and the hour versions online in case I'm not home at the times the shows are on.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
By me, the half hour version airs 2:30 on 13 and at I think 4:00 on Kids Thirteen.
I have Kids Thirteen and WNET 13 as well. I don't catch either of those because I have just gotten home from school and/or have to do a few things, and sometimes at four, I have the tutor.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was going to praise this for having less nonsense like 10th time Abby reruns, but considering they cut off the ending of Mr. Chips (where David Hyde Pierce starts acting uncharacteristically like Cookie Monster and Cookie uncharacteristically points out how he's embarrassing himself). I don't think I like the idea of edited street stories when so much else can be taken out of the show and it would still be in tact.

Cam

Reaction score
I just saw one of thr half hour shows and I must say, I was not expecting that. As soon as I saw the show wrapping up at 10:26am I immediately went to Google to see what the heck was going on. My 1 y/o and I watch Sesame Street every morning and to see a shorter version is really upsetting. Not only is Elmo the Musical and Abby's flying fairy school cut, but the letter of the day and the Count segment is cut. Those were 2 of our favorite parts. They need to keep the show an hour.. this is one of the only shows that my daughter watches attentively. And the article stated that it was only for the afternoon shows only but this happened at 10am. Not happy about this change!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Since you're obviously not as caught up on the news as we were, the half hour version of the series is the unfortunate future. It looks like my PBS has started the half hour version of the show, and dropped the afternoon showing of the half hour version as well.

New episode of the show will only be a half hour, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's PBS's doing so they can cram more reruns of other shows, especially that piece of crap Super Why (at least that's what the second half hour was replaced with in my affiliate with a simple schedule check).

FredMuseumMan7

Reaction score
Here's an Episode Guide to Episode #3 Figure It Out Baby!
(I watched it twice today!)

Air Date: November 18, 2015
Sponsors: F, 7

-Theme Song
-Street Story: Figue It Out! (When Telly and Alan fix up a Guitar for their favorite singer)
-The Word of the Day Abby and Dax Shepard: Amplify
-Song: "Quiet or Loud"
-An Astronaut explains "F is for Float"
-Happy 7th Birthday
-Elmo the Musical: Circus the Musical
-Sesame Street is Brought to you today by the Letter "F" and by the Number "7"

WorldOfSesame

Reaction score
Since you're obviously not as caught up on the news as we were, the half hour version of the series is the unfortunate future. It looks like my PBS has started the half hour version of the show, and dropped the afternoon showing of the half hour version as well.

New episode of the show will only be a half hour, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's PBS's doing so they can cram more reruns of other shows, especially that piece of crap Super Why (at least that's what the second half hour was replaced with in my affiliate with a simple schedule check).
Yeah. Sorry about my past post on receiving 1/2 hour episodes yet. This is the real truth about where I watch Sesame Street (this time I PROMISE THIS AND ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS TRUE!) On MPBN (where I live, in Maine) they still actually AIR HOUR EPISODES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will only be until the 2nd or 3rd week of December (if I remember correctly). Then they will only play after that the 1/2 hr. episodes. I will miss the hour long episodes. Especially, where is Mr. Hooper these days? Are they going to drop references to him now?
Anyways, now back to 1/2 hour episodes. Here is the final (and (officially released) death paining) future format. (NOTE: Muppet Wiki & Muppet Central, the following YOU SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO VERY CLOSELY FOR THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

What's the word on the street?
Begining
Street Sceen (now shortened to 8 minutes long)
The Word of the day
Other segments
documentary/Murray segments
Letter of the day (1 segment only)
Number of the day (1 segment only)
Elmo the Musical (now shortened from 10.5 minutes to about 10 minutes)
30 second recap...then the sponsors
Ending

For future reference, there should be noted that currently only two versions of Sesame Street currently use the original "classic format" still. They are:
Plaza Sesamo (Mexico/Central America)
Rechov SumSum (Israel)
No other versions as I know up to this date are like this anymore.
Thanks. Happy Thanksgiving for all who see this (and to all users anyways).

Last edited: