The Oh-So-Permanent Thanksgiving Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One really good non-holiday PEANUTS special is WHY, CHARLIE BROWN? WHY? Wikipedia is slightly incorrect in saying that it's only been aired on television once, because I have a partial recording from the mid-90s, I just don't know where it came from (there's no network bug, but I'm assuming it was Disney, consdering they played THE CHARLIE BROWN AND SNOOPY SHOW once) - it's heartwarming, touching, and very poignant: Linus even shows some backbone by confronting a bully.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
One really good non-holiday PEANUTS special is WHY, CHARLIE BROWN? WHY? Wikipedia is slightly incorrect in saying that it's only been aired on television once, because I have a partial recording from the mid-90s, I just don't know where it came from (there's no network bug, but I'm assuming it was Disney, consdering they played THE CHARLIE BROWN AND SNOOPY SHOW once) - it's heartwarming, touching, and very poignant: Linus even shows some backbone by confronting a bully.
I've seen that one,it was really depressing even for a peanuts special.
Something I noticed is that the sick girl in that special looked exactly like the sick girl on Snoopy Come Home.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I understand Charles Schulz was contracted to produce an educational film for kids diagnosed with cancer to watch, however, given that his mother succumbed to cancer, he opted to turn it into a full-fledged special, against the wishes of Bill Melendez and Lee Mendelson, who were initially against the idea.

It still has a number of light-hearted and humorous moments though, mostly involving Snoopy, such as the cafeteria scene, where Linus remarks that doctors are always careful about what they eat, followed by Snoopy stepping out dressed in scrubs, and carrying a tray of hamburgers, french fries, milkshakes, pancakes, and such.

Hospital cafeteria food sucks.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Just because you're on your deathbed doesn't mean the food you eat should taste like death. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know right! They even screw up jello,how do you screw up jello??!!
Leaving it in the fridge too long? I personally prefer Jell-O that's hasn't quite set as long as it's supposed to: I find that it tastes more flavorful if it's still just slightly mushy.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I noticed that none of my friends eat mac and cheese on Thanksgiving. Does anyone elses' family eat mac & cheese on Thanx giving or is that just my family?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I. . . . think just yours. Then again, I know a lot of families eat mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving, but we don't because my mom says you can eat mashed potatoes any time during the year, but Thanksgiving is a time to have things you wouldn't normally eat during the year - we have sweet potato casserole instead.

But this year, since half the family's gone vegan, we're having vegan mac-n-cheese. Vegan mac-n-cheese, that's an insult equivilant to being slapped in the face with a cold wet fish.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I. . . . think just yours. Then again, I know a lot of families eat mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving, but we don't because my mom says you can eat mashed potatoes any time during the year, but Thanksgiving is a time to have things you wouldn't normally eat during the year - we have sweet potato casserole instead.

But this year, since half the family's gone vegan, we're having vegan mac-n-cheese. Vegan mac-n-cheese, that's an insult equivilant to being slapped in the face with a cold wet fish.
Why not have regular mac and cheese and vegan mac and cheese?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Because the rest of the family is bringing it and other vegan dishes and they want us to give them a try, so we kind of have to.