The Gravity Falls Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd admit, I watched some of the more recent episodes, and it's starting to get a little more... well... tighter at least. It's not really a bad show, so far I like it at least better than Fish Hooks, considering it's the same creator (but that's an admittedly low bar). It just doesn't feel like a good fit against shows like Gravity Falls, Star Wars Rebels, Star, Penn Zero, and essentially everything else on the network. It doesn't fit and it's way too post-post-post modern to find a mainstream audience. Disney's other shows at least get a cult following status. Something about P&P feels like it's 5-10 years too early. I can see humor going down an ultra-absurdist, self awareness path which would welcome this show, or historically vindicate it. Just... Pig Goat Banana Cricket and Uncle Grandpa seem to be drawing the boundaries of absurdity, but doing it quite well.

I'm really kinda disappointed that Disney's current shows (minus Star Wars) aren't really gaining the merchandising momentum Phineas and Ferb once had. You'd think Star would be a bigger draw for something like Hot Topic shirts at least (GF has some), and I really wish there were some Wander and Sylvia plush out there. The GF toyline was impossible to find, and I still only see the odd barfing Gnome or Mabel plush.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So it turns out that Mabel is stuck in a brightly-colored fantasy world where she could live in eternity in happiness and perfection, and even the others can get in on the fun, including Dipper.
Of course, this turns out to be way too good to be true as just as Wendy admits that she is in love with Dip, she disintegrates into a pile of bugs as the whole thing is revealed as a ploy by Bill to distract them as he destroys the universe. And now, he must convince Mabel to leave.

Gotta love all those Mabel-related references to past episodes, too, including the dolphin from her Smile Dip trip. Oh yeah, and Dippyfresh. :smile:

Last edited:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Also, during the picture day flashback where Mabel gets gum in her hair and Dipper shaves both his head and hers so they both look ridiculous together, so many of us expected Dipper to give Mabel his beanie to wear instead, but I think that was intentional to bait and switch us and deliver that heartwarming moment.

As to why Dip would carry an electric shaver with him during picture day? Well, maybe he wanted to make sure his hair looked perfect and brought it along to make some last-minute adjustments?

tutter_fan

Reaction score
According to an article I read, Mr Hirsch didn't say that we won't see Mabel, Dipper & Stan anymore after the show is over, so that's probably a good sign of things that will come during the passage of time.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Its so sad to see the Pines go but it's probably for the better.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm still pretty sad about this,I mean I know that their wrapping up all the storylines but this season has been so great,I don't want it to end. I wish we could just have one more season,but I know there can't be.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Well I do appreciate Mr. Hirsch decision of ending the series unlike having it being shoved down our throats like P&F.