11-18-1985: A day that changed Sesame Street Forever

Where were you when Snuffy was revealed ?

• Daycare

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why does the internet have so many pointless polls ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
You know, I wonder if Jerry Nelson was on set that day they film, seems unlikely but, I wonder if he had any input to Snuffy's revealing.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Hey wait a second,where was Olivia when all of this was going on?
I think around that time, she was starring in this at the time new sitcom, 227. This was her reason for leaving SS in 1988- not easy to constantly travel back and forth between New York and California now.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
You know, I wonder if Jerry Nelson was on set that day they film, seems unlikely but, I wonder if he had any input to Snuffy's revealing.
Probably not,unless they filmed another episode with one of Jerry's characters on the same day. It is possible as the show often filmed more than one episode most days during the 1970s-90s. As for his input in the episode,he probably had none, considering he hadn't played Snuffy for seven years when this episode was filmed. And besides the general delivery of the perfomances in the scenes,usually muppeteers have very little input where the writing is concerned. But if any muppeteer had anything to do with how this scene turned out it would be Martin P. Robinson,although there is no evidence that he did anything but perform the character.

cjd874

Reaction score
Hey wait a second,where was Olivia when all of this was going on?
The irony is that Olivia never officially met Snuffy (I don't think she was in episode 2096), but there's a later clip where she interacts with Alice and Uncle Wally...and Snuffy is right next to them! Some continuity issues there, I suppose. I think Alaina started doing the 227 show in Los Angeles around this time, but don't quote me on that.

It's very true that the adults were pretty mean to Big Bird about "his imaginary friend," especially by the late '70s. Bob, David, Olivia, Maria, and Mr. Hooper were the worst ones from what I've seen. Susan, Gordon, and Luis didn't seem so bad about it, though. I loved seeing David and Bob, both at a loss for words when Snuffy was finally revealed. Shame that Mr. Hooper never met Snuffy...how would he have reacted?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The irony is that Olivia never officially met Snuffy (I don't think she was in episode 2096), but there's a later clip where she interacts with Alice and Uncle Wally...and Snuffy is right next to them! Some continuity issues there, I suppose. I think Alaina started doing the 227 show in Los Angeles around this time, but don't quote me on that.
I don't think it's a continuity error,they probably met off screen. This is not their first interaction with each other ,they interacted in the Miles adoption episodes which were in the same season as Snuffy's reveal.

I also noticed Olivia missed Maria and Luis' wedding. The above clip was from her last ever appearance on the show,episode 2477,just about eight episodes before the wedding.
I wonder if Olivia and Gina ever interacted on screen.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only one who really missed out on meeting Snuffy was Mr. Hooper.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
@D'Snowth True. As I've expressed god knows how many times, I feel like they should have went for revealing Snuffy right after the episode where Big Bird is convinced altogether that Snuffleupaguses don't exist, until his feathers get soaked by Snuffy's giant teardrops. But did Buffy ever get to meet him?

Bob, David, Olivia, Maria, and Mr. Hooper were the worst ones from what I've seen.
We've got the clip montage at the beginning of 2096 to prove it. (Olivia in the first clip shown, David in the second, and Bob in the last- all 3 of them are "Ouch!" worthy).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wasn't Buffy (and Sheldon and Kody, for that matter) only on during the 70s?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
As annoying as those "let's name all of the characters NOT included" topics can be, I wouldn't have minded if a few more classic Sesame Muppets were featured in the street scenes. Yeah, I know, scheduling conflicts with the Muppeteers. Then again, I suppose the whole Snuffy 'issue' was really between Big Bird and the human characters.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
As annoying as those "let's name all of the characters NOT included" topics can be, I wouldn't have minded if a few more classic Sesame Muppets were featured in the street scenes. Yeah, I know, scheduling conflicts with the Muppeteers. Then again, I suppose the whole Snuffy 'issue' was really between Big Bird and the human characters.
Plus this was a very important character development moment for Elmo.