You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When Ernie is singing his song about his love for adding, Bert comments, "Ernie, this is not normal, you singing like this." Not normal? Oh, I had no idea that busting out into a random song about subject matter on Sesame Street was not normal, especially all those songs Ernie randomly broke out into, like "Dance Myself to Sleep," "That's What Friends are For," "In my Room," and all those others. Man, Ernie must be a real weirdo.

mr3urious

Reaction score
When Ernie is singing his song about his love for adding, Bert comments, "Ernie, this is not normal, you singing like this." Not normal? Oh, I had no idea that busting out into a random song about subject matter on Sesame Street was not normal, especially all those songs Ernie randomly broke out into, like "Dance Myself to Sleep," "That's What Friends are For," "In my Room," and all those others. Man, Ernie must be a real weirdo.
Considering the things that happen to Bert in some of those songs, I don't blame him for trying to suppress them from his mind. :big_grin:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Have you ever noticed how when you put clothes on a normally naked cartoon character (esp. skimpy ones), they look a lot more provocative? Case in point: Mordecai in that infamous cheetah thong from the Regular Show episode "Family BBQ". The name of the link (probably NSFW) perfectly explains my shameful, shameful thoughts on it. :embarrassed:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/stupid-sexy-mordecai-378758005

I think it's because there's more left to the imagination when a tiny piece of cloth covers up the naughty-naughty area, or lack thereof. Plus, it draws more attention to it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So has social media killed blogging, or what? Of the ten or so blogs that I tend to follow, I believe only one of them still updates regularly, all the others have pretty much fizzled out - even Henson.com doesn't update Jim's Red Book as often as they used to (or it could be too that they're running out of source material). Even I don't update mine as much anymore because I feel nobody even reads it anyway and are more likely to see something if I post it on Facebook instead.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a mixture of that and those who run blogs...well... they tend to just wind up leaving and moving on to other things. Plus, there's tumblr, so...yeah.

While I'm not a huge game reviewer watching guy on Youtube, the one straightforwardish review show I like watching is not so much coming to a complete end, but is lowering in capacity. Among the reasons is that he was moving on to something else, and because he was having some trouble with Youtube with the generic music he legally purchased to run in the background. He made that expressly clear in a review he had to reupload from 10 years ago. He's going to keep doing it once in a while as a hobby.

Same thing how Homestarrunner slowed down and stopped almost because Matt was working for Disney. And even when they came back to do it, it was a short or two a year. People move on.

I've been looking into doing a blog for the past few years, and what made me hesitant is A) there's no short supply of reviewer blogs, especially for animation and B) does anyone even bother with them anymore?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know how whenever you go to a movie and you have so sit through a hundred commercials before the previews even start, and there's always a commercial for a family sharing their experiences from Disney Parks and how they make new traditions out of them? I saw one yesterday when I went to see THE PEANUTS MOVIE, and it was a family with umpteen kids that have gone to Disney Parks every year since the parents were kids, and they hope their kids will carry on the tradition every year with their own kids. But here's the thing: at the end of the commercial, the parents mention they can't afford a house big enough for all of them to live in. So. . . . they can't afford a decent house to live in, but the whole family can afford to go Disney Parks every year? How is that even possible? I guess it's like how people in the ghetto and the hood can't seem to afford to live anywhere else, yet they somehow can always afford big fancy cars with gold hubcaps, custom paint jobs, and other accessories that don't even come standard with most vehicles.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Physical" by Olivia Newton-John is one of the worst songs in history.

GLEE is one of the worst shows in history, and every song they touch gets ruined.

GLEE apparently covered Olivia Newton-John's "Physical."

I had absolutely no idea it was actually possible to take one of the worst songs ever and somehow make it even worse than it was before!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why do women go through phases where they want to dye their hair the opposite color? Blondes always go through phases where they go brunette and brunettes go through phases where they go blonde. What's the deal? Blondes don't usually make convincing brunettes and vice-versa.

snichols1973

Reaction score
In Superman II, the Man of Steel encounters the three Kryptonian villains Zod, Ursa and Non, who have all the same powers as Superman. Since they have all of his abilities, wouldn't this mean that Kryptonite has the same lethal effect on them as Superman? After all, Lex Luthor could just as easily weaken Zod & co. with a chunk of Kryptonite; on the other hand, unless Superman had some sort of lead shield, he would have also been affected by the Kryptonite....:confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just recently bought a bag of generic trail mix with off-brand M&Ms in them, and to my astonishment, some of them are pink, which brings to mind . . . didn't they make purple a permanent color in M&Ms? Remember that whole vote thing they had to add a new color to M&Ms? The choices were pink, purple, and turquoise, and purple won . . . so why didn't they add purple to M&Ms if it won? What was the whole point of that wote if they weren't going to actually the new color to M&Ms?