Missing Muppets: The Ones You Miss

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
So many Muppets I'd like to return. The top eight are Hilda, Digit, Droop, Clifford, Johnny Fiama, Sal, and Mildred.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Just give me Johnny and Sal (preferably both) and I'll be happy. Glad that some new Pigs in Space videos will be out in the future. It'll certainly be nice to see Link and Strangepork again.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I might sound like a Debbie downer but, the Johnny & sal puppets are disintegrated.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Droop and Mildred have been rebuilt.
Oh yeah, I know. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think either of them have said anything yet (besides Droop's brief appearance in that interview). I'd like them to. Judging from The Muppets Valentine's Show, they seem like really interesting characters; Droop being depressed and Mildred being Mildred.

Last edited:

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
I might sound like a Debbie downer but, the Johnny & sal puppets are disintegrated.
OH BS. Lips, a puppet introduced in the late 70s, was around until like, months ago, after Steve accidentally sent the trumpet through his face. It was exposed foam. It lasted for almost 45 years. Johnny and Sal, one built earlier then the other, with fleece covering the foam, and barely anyone using them? They've likely lasted.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
OH BS. Lips, a puppet introduced in the late 70s, was around until like, months ago, after Steve accidentally sent the trumpet through his face. It was exposed foam. It lasted for almost 45 years. Johnny and Sal, one built earlier then the other, with fleece covering the foam, and barely anyone using them? They've likely lasted.
Actually, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Bill Barretta mentioned Johnny and Sal aren't in very good shape. But of course, "vaguely" is the key word here. I find it difficult to believe myself.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
What I was wondering is why they don't use Crazy Harry or Beauregard on the new muppet show, they've only appeared in the background. Also, Link Hogthrob is nowhere to be found in the new show yet he appeared in the Crumpets commercial. Johnny and Sal unfortunately probably won't be coming back, they were in the Bohemian Rhapsody video which was in 2009, so maybe they can be seen as background characters, but I assume the puppets are in bad shape, lost, or they just forgot about the characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's too many characters and too little time to begin with. I like the idea of focusing on the core characters. Though I wish there were more opportunities to shove some of them in, like the Newsman trying to sell his daughter's girl scout cookies. The characters are there, but only in background. I feel these characters would work better if they did more viral stuff to supplement the series.