Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

Drtooth

Reaction score
On that subject, I always kinda wanted the Star Wars Christmas album. Sure, it's kinda bad, but unlike the Life Day special, it's bad in a good way. And frankly, the music isn't half as terrible as some of the stuff you hear when you go shopping.

Then again, I don't really like much Christmas music, and they never play my favorite. The Snoopy vs. The Red Baron one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, and I'm very disappointed Honda didn't continue the actually fun and funny toy based commercials from last year. Instead they went with some dull thing involving an advent calendar.

And it's a shame because with a low budget movie that no one liked, it was nice to see Jem in something good.

Some fan even got the original voice actress to redub her lines...

But of course, my favorite was Skeletor...

Love how they got Jeff Glenn Bennet to be the voice of Skeletor if they couldn't get Alan Oppenheimer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anyone remember these?

And, uh, actually, I can't seem to find the Cocoa Pebbles one with the blizzard sprinkles . . . but that wasn't so great, you know why? Because the stinkin' pack only contained enough sprinkles for one bowl - maybe they figured kids would go crazy and dump too much on a single bowl.

Drtooth

Reaction score
On the subject of cereal, I'm kinda disappointed they don't have the Sugar Cookie version of Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Cookie Crisp this year. Don't think I've seen Cap'n's Christmas Crunch, but the thing's just the same as Crunchberries anyway. Did see the Halloween one though. I dunno... maybe the Sugar Cookie Crunch thing was a one time thing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
On the subject of cereal, I'm kinda disappointed they don't have the Sugar Cookie version of Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Cookie Crisp this year.
There was asugar cookie flavored egg nog that I got seriously addicted to that they're not carrying this year . . . what do you reckon is going on here?
Don't think I've seen Cap'n's Christmas Crunch
Yeah, it's out, my mom got herself a box recently.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's hard to tell with the cereal, as the Monster ones were delayed until October this year (they usually pop up early September). Don't know if they're just flat out not doing it, stores near me are flat out not carrying it, or they didn't get them yet but will eventually...er...flat out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've found that when in doubt, go to Walmart - they usually have the stuff that you can't find in the grocery stores: that was the case with the monster cereals last year with me: none of the grocery stores had them, but Walmart did.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Music Choice Sounds of the Season are already getting repetitive with the Christmas music: just today alone, I've heard at least five specific songs played twice.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Music Choice Sounds of the Season are already getting repetitive with the Christmas music: just today alone, I've heard at least five specific songs played twice.
Make that six: they just played Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" twice in the last hour.

EDIT: Make that seven. As much Christmas music that's outthere, you'd think they wouldn't be so repetitive.

EDIT AGAIN: Ten. They've repeated ten songs today.

EDIT YET AGAIN: Eleven songs. What is going on? They've never been this repetititve before.

Last edited: