MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker

Reaction score
Again, not to shoot people's ideas down(if a few of ya wanna meet, more power to ya) but the only likely scenario for some sort of major fan meetup is if Disney has an official Muppet day or weekend at either Disneyland or WDW.

unclematt

Reaction score
I hope that Disney does do something but in the mean time I feel like us sitting around and waiting is counter productive. There has got to be something we can do to encourage this to happen. I guess I want this to happen more than I originally thought I did but the more I have thought about it the more I get angry that I missed the original Muppetfest and the more I want to see something along those lines. I obviously think we are the key group of people to be involved with such a project. I think the people that regularly visit these forums have a true passion for everything Muppet. We are a special group of people that have a common interest and I believe we are the ones that count and the one that can make something happen. I know I have said this before but it is something I believe in more and more. I know That there are people who think it would be foolish for us to do this in the next few years or who dot believe we are able to do it with what we currently have but I will always dare to dream and I dont think I have to say what my dream is right now.

Okay I am done now. I am sorry to lay that all out there especially since most of it I have said before but once again that is how I feel. I really would like to see this happen some how and I know if any group of people could do this I think it is you guys.

I appreciate everybodies views, even those that do not agree with me. I think it is good to have on or two or even a few people playing Devil's Advocate.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Okidoke, here's the thing Uncle Matt. How about...if you pout together a sample letter and find teh Disney address and we can all litter them with requests for this. It may not help, but I know it will help some of us get over our anger at missing Muppet Fest (myself included) if we have something active to do to help. It's a start anyway.

beaker

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I think the people that regularly visit these forums have a true passion for everything Muppet. We are a special group of people that have a common interest and I believe we are the ones that count and the one that can make something happen. I know I have said this before but it is something I believe in more and more.
Believe me, I am right with you. Since I came into existence my dna has been filled with all things Muppets and JH. I've long envisioned Muppet fans around the world getting together in celebration of all things fuzz and foam. In 1998 and 1999 onthe old MC forums we used to ponder a Muppet fan meetup, like a hotel convention room with some guests. Muppetfest's acoouncement of June 2001 literally came out of nowhere.

Admittedly, deep down I truly despise Disney and am very resentful that JHC souled out(pun intended) to Eisner. This is why even a Muppet meeting at Disneyland or WDW seems a bit odd.

If ya look deep down, the real reason why we may never see another Muppetfest situation or anything like that any time soon is complacency.
You see, the public at large, even the underground(make no mistake...while 60% of the world's population might recognize Elmo and Kermit, even by JHC's estimates there are maybe only a few thousand hardcore Muppet fans online)
see the Muppets as nostalgia. Why is it, a short lived cancelled tv series on cable no Less(Farscape) is able to have regular annual cons...but Muppets...whose rich legacy spans half a century...gets laughed at?

As Muppet fans we are living in very unfortunate times. We're watching our very history be erased with the edge of a mouse eared pencil. If Oz is all the Diz has to show us Muppet wise in this 50th annv of the Muppets, it can't be good. Anywhere in the US, any price, you bet I'd be at a big "Muppetfest" type of deal. However, realisticly, how many fans would be willing to travel far and pay a lot for a very tiny gathering?

We'd be going on an unauthorized tour of Disneyland staging a guerrilla coup de'tat.

unclematt

Reaction score
Beauregard, thank you for the tip I will try to get thia syarted ASAP.

Beaker, I here everytyhing you are saying. And maybe we need more options besides Disney but I dont know how that would work since Disney is running the show now. If you have any idea let me know.

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
I Am There

I know there would be a lot more people there than most would think. With just the replies to this post, well my goodness. One of the major issues that affected the 1st Muppetfest, was that it wasn't advertised enough. I found out about it at the last minute and by then it was to late for me to make arrangements or I sooooo would have been there. I'm a flight attendant now and would be there in a heartbeat if it happened again. And I'd make all that love me join me!
Any petition, any letters, any picketing, I am SO there.

HPDJ

Reaction score
Shall we start a petition for MuppetFest 2?

After reading Beaker4Presidnt's post, I think we should start a petition here, e-mail it to the JH company or Disney, to try and get a new Muppetfest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We could post a full name, a few requests (e.g. locations, dates e.c.t.) and (POSSIBLY!!!) an e-mail address.

I'll start

Name: Dale
E-mail: harrypotterwales@hotmail.com
Comments: Please do another!!! One in London and one in NYC or LA???

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Yeah we should start a petition for a 2nd Muppetfest, but I would recomend using petitiononline.com

hope it helps

BTW :
Comments: If a second is made it should be in England :attitude:

Status
Not open for further replies.