The Muppets Episode 9 - Going, Going, Gonzo

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Going, Going, Gonzo"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
What a very muppety episode. :smile: Lots of amazing puppetry and I kept wondering how they did some of those things. This episode felt like a good balance of real life and muppet wackiness. I echo bknatchbull's thoughts in that I hope the re-tool doesn't mess with things too much.

Disney needs to make some limited edition Piggy Water like what Pepsi did for Back to the Future day. I really want to try it. :mad:

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
anything said by anyone in this show pertaining to the past I don't consider cannon due to the fact that some things the characters have said in this show do not add up with stuff they've gone through and done in other media.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
When Scooter asks to come in Lips says " Come On." After Dr theeth's line about leaving home at 14. Lips says something about uesing Floyd's Time Machine. Durring Scooter trying to get his ear done he said a lot of wows and things.
When Scooter came in to apologize. Lips said that Scooter could come in any time and throw the wild man around.... Hope that helps.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I loved it! We have the Gonzo we know and love again! I was laughing pretty good when Gonzo swung around and then destroying the backstage. I think I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt now! He was a natural with them! I hope to see more of him with the Muppets soon. Who knew that Scooter had a lot of strength? But the mother bits have gotta go! Unless somehow we actually see her, they're not funny. Also, another drum battle under Animal's belt, it was awesome!

mr3urious

Reaction score
This was a great episode starring Scooter and Gonzo. Gonzo's plot about getting back to his daredevil self really felt like a subtle nod to TMS, and Scooter hanging out with the Electric Mayhem was really good, mama's boy jokes notwithstanding.

Also gotta love the running gags involving the Piggy Water and its questionable nature. And how Sam finds sex and vulgar language repulsive but loves violence. How patriotic of him. :attitude:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Dwayne, that does help, but I wouldn't be able to know the next time Lips speaks unless I can place the voice with the character.
*Goes to Mr. Smoothy's to get one of those flesh and blood smoothies :confused: mentioned.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh yes, Muppet cannon. That thing that barely exists.
Agreed completely. If personal head canon is the reason that some people don't like the show, I really don't know what to say. There was never Muppet canon. never has been, never will be. They either all know each other because they were babies together, Kermit hired them all to do a show, or the met on the road to Hollywood. There's no recurring backstory either way. Seriously, those who think they are need to lighten up. This show is just as canon as some long forgotten kid's book. Enjoy the ride, it's all going to mean nothing by the next Muppet project anyway.

As for the episode, between this and "Pigs in a Blackout", that's what this show needed to do. Whatever reboot, relaunch, rewhatever they're planning, as long as they keep making episodes like this that get the format and the Muppets to work together, maybe we can get the ratings up and the fanbase happy.

No relationship jokes, just some great Muppety slapstick with a side of some great heartfelt moments with Gonzo. This episode was a love letter to Gonzo's fanbase that perfectly summed up the odd choices Gonzo has been through since the 90's. His odd retirement from wacky stunts has been a recurring theme, and it was great to see it explored here. I actually like that he had cold feet once Bunsen and Beaker showed him how wrong things could go, and I also like that it didn't stop him in the end.

As for Scooter, first off, I'm glad the Momma's boy jokes were more in check here. Only two. But I really love the thought of him thinking his life over, and heading towards the Mayhem band for advice since they're the most laid back and wild of the group. Still don't get this thing about them being higher than usual some members somehow stumble on. Nice to see Janice and Scooter in the same scenes interacting. That's something we rarely saw. Great that the band's in almost every episode. Loved seeing them perform with Dave Grohl, or rather Animool. Especially the end where they had a drum off. I'm calling unintentional reference here.

And now the one thing I'm surprised no one else mentioned. The celebrity guest stars were handled brilliantly. They weren't the focus of the episode, there was no odd love connections between them. Felt like they were handled like they would have been in the movies. And it was great to see Joseph Gordon Levitt actually interact with the Muppets this time around (remember how little screen time they shared in the Gaga special?)

The show's seriously looking up, especially after last week's (well, 2 weeks ago's) minor setback. We need more crashing scenery and cannon explosions and less relationship problems. And Rowlf. More Rowlf's Tavern.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Forgive me if I keep thinking of Sadie from our own ReneeLouvier's Sadie's Stories fanfics (found in the 2014 Fanfic Library Index thread) whenever Scooter mentions another little aspect of life with his mom.
Also liked the whole notion of Muppet poker night, reminds me of MFS and LTS, that's why they call Pepe "the Prawn Cracker".
Hey, doesn't that sound like the name of some other forum member? Some kid who ran away and joined the Muppets? *Shrugs. :shifty: :rolleyes: