Episodes that Have Stuck with You

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I saw this episode on Noggin when I was four. It was an episode when all of the letter Ts went missing. It was one of Tarah's rare post "Around the Corner" era episodes. I just have this very vivid memory of the letter T jumping of the street sign and Big Bird and Telly freaking out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad one of the episodes that stuck with me has been posted.

Another great Telly episode right there. Look at how excited he gets when the 11 shows up.

And Luis's legs look like a number eleven wearing pants!!!!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Here's one that strangely and randomly popped into my head the other day. Wasn't there an episode where they planned on singing "Day-O" and Telly was talking about how he wants to be the "Tellyman" and they're trying to tell him the song says "tallyman" but he still wants to be the Tellyman anyway?

Or am I just nuts?
There's the bit with Fozzie Bear and Harry Belafonte with that song on his episode of "The Muppet Show" (and Fozzie asks to be the "Tallyman" or the "Tallybear".:embarrassed:)
If something like that was done on Sesame Street, I don't recall- but it certainly could have happened with Telly wanting to be the "Tellyman".

Muppet Wiki's entry for the song doesn't seem to mention anything about it, but it just may not have anything on it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Another great Telly episode right there. Look at how excited he gets when the 11 shows up.

Gotta love all the crazy questions Ruby wanted to ask the 11, too.

It's a shame that character never caught on, along with Merry Monster. We need more female monsters on the Street. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really haven't rewatched any older skits with Ruby, but her curiosity about the giant number eleven (especially wondering if it wears pajamas with little number 11's on it) made me love the character again. This is one of the funniest episodes of the series, and most of it is due to Marty's exuberant, slightly manic delivery for Telly. Not that I needed any reminders why I love the character, but seeing him once again go overboard with all his feelings, not just worrying, is a great reminder of why he's such an underrated character. And you gotta love how the others play off him and his excitement and dejection when no one believes him about it. They could do this episode with any other character and it would be fun, but it certainly wouldn't have the punch of a character like Telly obsessing over it and being that incredible excited about it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I've said many times before, Marty really made Telly his own and really brought so much life to the character that was lacking in Brian's day; not that Brian wasn't good or anything, he was really one of the more versatile performers they had, but Brian's Telly was a really wimpy character - always mopey, always pouty - he was more of a Muppet Eeyore than a Muppet Woody Allen. Same with Snuffy, Marty gave Snuffy a larger range of emotion that brought more life to the character, as opposed to the perpetual, "Ohhh deeaarr. . . . hiiiii Biiirrrd, I'm sooooo saaaad. . . ."

Ruby had potential to be an interesting character, especially at a time when female Muppets was a big concern for the show . . . shame she didn't last, though it could be she was such a tomboy that maybe she kind of defeated the purpose of having a female Muppet little girls could relate to.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd chalk Ruby's disappearance to being that kind of character that was brought on the show in the late 80's, early 90's that just didn't have staying power due to the huge flux the show was going through. And it's a darn shame she couldn't have stuck around, but that's usually what happens to characters like that.

As for Telly, I agree. Marty made him his own instead of just doing what Brian did. Making him a boundless ball of emotion instead of just a worrywart or a sad sack, you get an entire comedic range in any situation. That's why this episode still had me falling off the chair. Without the boundless energy and general wackiness of Telly, this episode wouldn't have been memorable or as funny. Telly's obsession with 11 and pointing out how 11-y things on Luis are... was that the inspiration for that horrible Jim Carrey movie where he was obsessed with a number?

All I need now is for someone with access to "Happy Caps" and the full Telly wants to punch his cousin Izzy in the mush episodes.

hooperfan

Reaction score
I'm glad one of the episodes that stuck with me has been posted.

I accidentally deleted the first posting of this episode, so here's the new link for those who haven't seen it yet:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The second one is definitely from Season 29, I believe, because I remember seeing it during a pledge drive week a few years after the ATC era was over (y'know, kind of like how sometimes the "Slimey to the Moon" arc would air during a pledge week afterwards). I just remember Big Bird and Snuffy were standing by the mailbox, chatting with a mailman, who took whatever it was they were mailing, and he says to them, "Consider it mailed!"
Sesame Maniac/hooperfan at the ready:

DePingPong

Reaction score
I don't remember much of this episode but I know it's an ATC episode, but it involved Elmo and Cyranose de Bergerac and Cyranose wanted to ask a female muppet out on a date or something along those lines and the episode consisted of Elmo trying to help Cyranose build up courage to ask her out.

That's not an exact description but I remember it being something like this, if anyone knows the episode please let me know!